Bosch GTS10 XC or a Second hand cast top table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrich21

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post so excuse my naivety with regards all things Wood.

I am looking to buy a table saw that will be accurate enough to build cabinets with as well as cutting rough timber.

I have looked at the Bosch GTS10 XC which has the advantage of being small enough to put out of the way but is it very good? Anyone have one and use it for accurate work? Does it require a lot of tinkering out of the box to get it accurate?

Or should I spend the money on a second hand SIP/Charnwood/Jet/Axminster etc? Or do tool companies have sales? What time of the year?

I have read that the Charnwood is a little fisher price, I dont want to buy a saw and then find it doesn't really fit my needs and have to sell it to buy another. Anyone have any of the 10 inch saws from the maufacturers above and have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Yandles have a Charnwood 650 Pack at £819 including blade pack, extension tables, extension bed for the sliding table.

This seems like a very good deal, anyone have one. Thoughts?

Axminster are getting towards the end of a huge sale right now. They may have some saws left :)

The axminster saw with the table and the sliding carriage is quite a lot more expensive. Is it worth it? It seems they are very similar. anyone have them and can comment on the quality of each?

I have the Bosch gts10 and it has been a very good saw I have it beside my large Eb pkf255 table saw

It is very easy to use accurate, powerfull and has cut everything I have put on it, even railway sleepers

I now do not have use for it as my project is almost finished, so I,m selling mine (see the for sale section)

Back