Bosch GCM 8 SDE - Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillydk147

Reaction score
Hello, I had my Bosch Mitre saw for about 2 years now but it's recently started to make a humming sound when powered on, below is an example video of what this sounds like at the top speed of 6. It still cuts and there's no wobble with the blade but I'm guessing this is the beginning of some part failure. Any ideas what could be the issue here?

It sounds obvious that the speed is unstable, if you have the trigger hard on then it should reach the speed you have set and hold it which it sounds like it is not.

It sounds obvious that the speed is unstable, if you have the trigger hard on then it should reach the speed you have set and hold it which it sounds like it is not.
Thanks, I'm definitely pressing the trigger fully in but the speed is still varying

That sounds like the speed control module, look at this site

https://www.mtmc.co.uk/product.aspx...MI46rZ1KWPggMVksftCh0F7AzSEAQYASABEgI19fD_BwE
part 28 is called the speed governor and contains the speed control dial as seen in lowest picture, worth replacing !

1698171767843.png

1698172006707.png

Back