Bosch GCM 12 GDL Axial-Glide Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kev, can recommend Howe Tools in Ipswich. Very competitive price and great service. I rang them up rather than just ordering online and got a few more quid off as it was my first order with them and they were cheaper than Amazon too.
Cheers mate.

I’ll give them a call tomorrow 👍

I've had my Bosch axial glide for about 6/7 years and I'm very pleased with it, although I have to agree with other posts regarding poor dust extraction. It replaced an Elektra Beckum (Metabo) KGS303 which was more accurate, probably because it had a smaller diameter blade and smaller cutting capacity. The main reason I chose this over others was because it can fit close up against the workshop wall. I wonder if the hinging mechanism wears less over time compared to ones with sliding rails ?

Obviously it depends what you are doing but I often wonder how many people actually need a 12" saw, I imagine your average diyer hardly ever needs the huge capacity that these things have, yes the odd time you might but I'm sure 99% of the time people could get away with a smaller saw.
Indeed, I really wonder why they haven’t made the axial slide for smaller saw sizes. They’d clean up

What you get with a 12 inch is just that little bit of extra cut on a wide board which can be handy, question is does the Bosch glide have the same travel forward as the older Bosch with rails ?

Hi

I've searched and searched and even contacted Makita (no reply as yet) but I can't find what the lowered/locked position height is for the Makita LS1019 (I know it's 660mm when in use).

Can anyone who owns one let me know what this figure is?

Cheers

Hi

I've searched and searched and even contacted Makita (no reply as yet) but I can't find what the lowered/locked position height is for the Makita LS1019 (I know it's 660mm when in use).

Can anyone who owns one let me know what this figure is?

Cheers
470mm. Might change with the dust bag attached. I ditched mine as I use extraction.

Really awesome saw. Have been using it for the past 18 months. Bought from another member here.

I will be doing the shadow light mod at some point. But I have actually upgraded the flexible sheet just under the saw which catches the main dust into a 3d printed TPU version. It has improved extraction dramatically.

Back