Bosch GCM 350-254 Review

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotamJoinery

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first official post, never done a review before. I can’t seem to find any details/reviews on the new Bosch GCM 350-254 Mitre saw, so I thought I would write a short summary up. Hope it’s informative for people.

My previous mitre saw was the Metabo KGS254M, so most of my comparisons will be based against the metabo.

Initial impressions are that the build quality of the Bosch is a lot better, everything feels solid and sturdy.

Front View.jpg

Side View.jpg

After unboxing I decided to check if the blade is square to the base and the fence.

Fence Square.jpg

blade square.jpg

Blade fence Square.jpg

Out the box everything seems square and totally acceptable.

I also checked the laser, very bright and can be easily seen in bright light, I will have to test it in bright sunlight.
The laser was around 1mm out on the right of the blade, so I will have to adjust this.

Laser.jpg

Things I like so far:
- Soft start motor, a lot more control on start-up, didn’t like the Metabo as it jerked up as it started.
- Variable speed – not used this yet, but I like the option
- Pre-set angle stops for the dual bevel allowing easy setup for repeatable cuts.
- Wider cutting depth and width for a 10” saw.
Dislikes so far:
- The extendable supports are part of the main base. Previous saws I have used have an extra piece that separates from the main base. (will take a picture to show this)

I haven’t fully tested it yet, will be giving it a run this weekend and will post updates of how well it performs.

Attachments

• Front View.jpg
    Front View.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 4,289
  • Blade fence Square.jpg
    Blade fence Square.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 4,289
  • blade square.jpg
    blade square.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 4,288
  • Fence Square.jpg
    Fence Square.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 4,292
  • Laser.jpg
    Laser.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 4,288
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 4,290
Excellent saw. I’ve had no issues with it so far. The cut capacity is really good, the power/performance is excellent, and it eats thought any hardwood I throw at it. The only gripe I have (have it with all saws) I wish they used a green laser so you have a better chance of seeing the cut line if bright environments.

Back