bosch gcm 10sd laser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mukka

Reaction score
from my previous post reckon on getting the gcm10sd what i would like to know if anyone has managed to source the parts from the usa model to retrofit the arbor laser,
by the way if ive made the wrong choice please stop me know
all help much appreciated

This kind of took my fancy when I read the review in shopnotes.

http://www.laserkerf.com

I don't have one but I think I would prefer it to an arbor laser. (I don't have one of those either.)

Anyone on here have a laserkerf?

Ed

mukka":3bkuy291 said:
from my previous post reckon on getting the gcm10sd what i would like to know if anyone has managed to source the parts from the usa model to retrofit the arbor laser,
by the way if ive made the wrong choice please stop me know
all help much appreciated

Hey Mukka

Guess what, I just took delivery of the laserkerf for my Bosch GCM 10SD. Fitted it a couple of days ago and after the fitting glue had set, finished aligning it. Works great but a little bit fiddly to setup. The key advantage being the laser is the width of the kerf and gives a feel for the cut size. Actually the laser is a touch wide for the std blade, I have it setup accurately for the LHS of the blade.

You need the W3 optional fitting bracket for the Bosch as well as the kit (I got the battery version - did not fancy converting the voltage) for the laser etc.

Really happy with it.

cutting42":2jsxwzmm said:
You need the W3 optional fitting bracket for the Bosch as well as the kit (I got the battery version - did not fancy converting the voltage) for the laser etc.

Really happy with it.

Which Model LK id you get?

Here are a few pics for you to see:

Close up of the Laser Mount
DSC_7566.jpg

Battery and switch mount:
DSC_7567.jpg

Overall RHS:
DSC_7569.jpg

LHS:
DSC_7570.jpg

In use:
DSC_7573.jpg

I hope these help.

I'm tempted too :). But when you say a touch wide for the blade - do you have the original blade in it? I think that blade is 2mm. Have you tried it with an actual 3.2 mm blade?
Cheers
Gidon

gidon":371gj9zb said:
I'm tempted too :). But when you say a touch wide for the blade - do you have the original blade in it? I think that blade is 2mm. Have you tried it with an actual 3.2 mm blade?
Cheers
Gidon

Hi Gidon

I just measured the blades and the laser kerf:

Std Bosch fitted blade = 2.04mm
Neg rake Bosch 3.2mm kerf blade = 3.28mm
Laser kerf = 3.4mm

Have not fitted the different blade yet but with the actual cut width I would expect that 3.4mm would be pretty much spot on.

HTH

cutting42":2ttlrznc said:
I just measured the blades and the laser kerf:

Laser kerf = 3.4mm

Oops, got that mixed up, sorry.

The original blade is the 3.2mm kerf blade, the 2.04mm blade is the newer neg rake blade. I forgot I had fitted it already :oops:

Std Bosch fitted blade stated 3.2mm kerf = 3.28mm
Neg rake Bosch stated 2.0mm kerf blade = 2.04mm

Thanks Gareth - I think you had it right the first time? My original blade is the 2mm one. Do you also have one of the 80T ALU -5 degree rake blades (going cheap as part of a set from Axminster)? If so that one is 3.2 mm. I would be very interested to know how that matches up with the laserkerf if you get a chance.
Many thanks
Gidon

Ooh, that looks nice. Maybe one for Santa?

My mate Brian has one on his SIP - it's usesless really. Can't see it except n darkness and it's fuzzy. This one looks much better.

gidon":10x34avx said:
Thanks Gareth - I think you had it right the first time? My original blade is the 2mm one. Do you also have one of the 80T ALU -5 degree rake blades (going cheap as part of a set from Axminster)? If so that one is 3.2 mm. I would be very interested to know how that matches up with the laserkerf if you get a chance.
Many thanks
Gidon

Ahhh yes I did :oops: :oops: :oops:

Need more whisky ......... :eek:ccasion5: ... ahh thats better, shall I start again.

Back to the first measurements:
Laser kerf = 3.4mm

Some pics of 2mm blade vs 3.2mm blade. The 3.2 works better as you can set the laser up to hit a line both sides of the blade. for the 2mm kerf blade the laser is too wide and you have to compensate by just missing the line.

3.2mm blade laser on the RHS line:
DSC_7648.jpg

3.2mm blade laser on the LHS line:
DSC_7653.jpg

3.2mm blade cuts pretty much dead on the line both sides.
DSC_7655.jpg

2mm blade cuts both with laser re centred and set on the line as above:
DSC_7664.jpg

Short answer, use the correct blade for the kerf size #-o

gidon":ya48atii said:
Do you also have one of the 80T ALU -5 degree rake blades (going cheap as part of a set from Axminster)?

Yes thats the one, although is is in my TS at the mo for some laminate cutting and I could not be a***d to take it out so I used a scabby 48 tooth general purpose blade for the piccies above. The Bosch neg rake will give a much nicer finish.

Gareth - thanks a lot for trying that out!! Shame they don't do a 2mm laser - the 3/32" is close but still ~.5mm out. I quite like the std blade that comes with the saw - the 2mm one.
Still think I'm going to bite the bullet - did you get stung by customs?
Cheers
Gidon

gidon":1fwqokma said:
Gareth - thanks a lot for trying that out!! Shame they don't do a 2mm laser - the 3/32" is close but still ~.5mm out. I quite like the std blade that comes with the saw - the 2mm one.
Still think I'm going to bite the bullet - did you get stung by customs?
Cheers
Gidon

My pleasure, actually it was something I was meaning to do for a bit so the question prompted me to actually do it. I know what you mean by the std blade, it has held its edge well also, nice blade.

I did not get done by customs for a change, think the price ended up at $78 which was £41 on my credit card statement, which I was pretty pleased with.

Latest posts

Back