Bosch Belt Sander - PBS 75 - toothed belt wheel supplier??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brocher

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
My trusty Bosch belt sander has developed a fault with its toothed belt wheel. It's the larger of the two sprockets, and it looks like the internal flats have worn away and it keeps slipping. I have to stop every so often to tighten up the securing nut for the sprocket. I have tried to find a supplier of a new sprocket, but it seems that it is not just out of stock but also will not be available anywhere! I have tried Miles Tools as my first stop (Bosch PBS 75 / 0603270003 / EU 230 Volt Spare Parts | Miles Tool & Machinery Centre) - 31 - TOOTHED BELT WHEEL Z=19 BSD-1606625026.A161606625026 , and they don't know when it will be available. And lots of other sites just don't have it either.

I am going to ring Bosch tomorrow about this, but don't have much hope.

So will I just have to bite the bullet and buy a new sander? It's seems bonkers really, as the sander is otherwise in good shape for my needs!

I am a little confused. You say it is the larger of the two sprockets, which implies it is the driven one on the drum that turns the belt. Part number 31 is the smaller of the two, which is at the motor end, and does the driving.

If the internal flats are worn out, could you slather some JB Weld in the appropriate place, put the pulley back on, gently tighten the nut and wait for it all to set.

This place shows other models that the part will fit so might give more choices for finding a donor machine:

https://www.repairtoolparts.com/bos...s/bosch-1-606-625-026-toothed-belt-wheel-z-19
It is difficult to comment without seeing the part. Perhaps you could photograph it and the shaft upon which it mounts.

I am a little confused. You say it is the larger of the two sprockets, which implies it is the driven one on the drum that turns the belt. Part number 31 is the smaller of the two, which is at the motor end, and does the driving.

If the internal flats are worn out, could you slather some JB Weld in the appropriate place, put the pulley back on, gently tighten the nut and wait for it all to set.

This place shows other models that the part will fit so might give more choices for finding a donor machine:

https://www.repairtoolparts.com/bos...s/bosch-1-606-625-026-toothed-belt-wheel-z-19
It is difficult to comment without seeing the part. Perhaps you could photograph it and the shaft upon which it mounts.
Thanks - sorry I did give you the wrong part number. It's not 31 but I think it is 32. And it is that larger sprocket which appears to be unobtainable now. I had a reply earlier today from RAI tools and they said it is now discontinued by Bosch!

I will try as you suggest

If you do a Google search for the part number you'll probably get some hits on sites in Poland or Bulgaria. I've sourced old Bosch and Hilti parts from there. Or search for "Bosch spare parts Poland, Bulgaria". When I get back to my pc I'll look up the names of the places that supplied me.

if the fit of the shaft and the pully is not to sloppy Loctite bearing fit is ur go to fix......
but dont expect to get it off again once cured without a lot of heat..........

If you use the JB Weld method, and you may need to get it off again then heat the shaft a bit with something like a hairdryer and rub a candle over it. This will stop the JB Weld adhering too strongly to the shaft. You can also use a medium strength loctite on the nut.

Thanks - sorry I did give you the wrong part number. It's not 31 but I think it is 32.

As you say, part number 32 does not seem to be available.

There is a picture of it here:

https://www.amazon.com.tr/Bosch-2606625906-parçalar-2606625906-Roller/dp/B00YCOTWU4
(note that the part number above seems to be for the roller not the pulley, so it is only the photo that is of use)

As suggested above, thread locking compound on both the pulley and nut when reassembling will give security against it reoccurring. The wax on the shaft so the JB Weld does not stick is also an excellent idea. Clearly, clean it off when later applying the loctite.

Would it be possible to cut some shims from a drinks can and slide these onto the shaft with the pulley? The aluminium can is pretty thin and should take up the slack. worth a quick try before going down any glue type route

Back