Help me choose a belt sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold tight onto the thing when you fire it up. My wife attempted to sand a bit of floor with mine. It took her for a ride!

A number of years ago i was in my bosses joinery shop and we had to buzz down some timber with a beltsander. He sent me upstairs to use the new makita..... i tried the trigger but nothing, plugged in, switch on etc, so i shouted down to him that it isnt working, so he said theres an isokator at the bottom of the stairs! ( im a site chippy normally )

I went down and turned it on, there was a loud screeching whizzing noise followed by a massive thud and then more whizzing..... id pressed the little button on the side and locked the trigger on 😆🤣 he went mental 😁

A number of years ago i was in my bosses joinery shop and we had to buzz down some timber with a beltsander. He sent me upstairs to use the new makita..... i tried the trigger but nothing, plugged in, switch on etc, so i shouted down to him that it isnt working, so he said theres an isokator at the bottom of the stairs! ( im a site chippy normally )

I went down and turned it on, there was a loud screeching whizzing noise followed by a massive thud and then more whizzing..... id pressed the little button on the side and locked the trigger on 😆🤣 he went mental 😁

Although I do not approve, of course, some of the 'Mericans sander races are quit good fun. The big Makita generally do reasonably well.
xy

You won't be disappointed with the 9404 I've had mine for 15 years and used it on various projects. It's still going strong.
So after praising the 9404 I went to use it today. Powered it on - nothing. Took it into the shop and tried it again and it worked. Took it back to the job - nothing. Wiggled the mains wire and it worked so removed the power cover and found the cable clamp was so tight it had worked through the insulation and wires.

20211026_141200.jpg

Cut it back and rewired then filed down the cable clamp as it had two large bridges on it causing the damage. All is well again.

Back