Blum Hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giff

Established Member
Reaction score
I am fitting some blum hinges on a shelf unit that I have made.. They are the inset type. Is there a standard measurement to drill the door hole and for the crucifix mounting to ensure that it is zero'd and you get all the movements when fitted ? I have done some tests and can get them to fit but seem to be using up all the adjustment on one screw to get them level which doesn't leave any adjustment for adjusting ! Geoff

On overlay doors the mounting plate holes at 37mm in from the carcase edge and 32mm apart. As yours are inset you just add the thickness of your door to the 37mm.

Regards the door hole position it's normally 22.5 mm in to centre of the 35mm hole but this can be less. Best to do as you've done and do a dummy run

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks Chippy. That's a great start. I will give that a try with those measurements on a test first ! Geoff

Yes Mailee I will still have to allow for the door thickness for inset doors but I had done these already using the measurement recommended here. This jig is still useful for marking the plunged hole. Thanks Geoff

+1 on checking the Blum website. I have found that each hinge may have a slightly
different setback requirement for the door hinge plate mounting hole and the cabinet mounting plate, depending
on a number of factors, including door thickness and amount of reveal you are shooting for.

Back