BLUM hinge which is best

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gav

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm building a cabinet and plan to use Blum hinges and want the soft close of blumotion.

Looking at the catalog you can get clip top versions and fit blumotion units to them or you can get ones with blumotion built in.

Does any one who uses these regularly have a view on which will provide the better feel to the hinge action?

Gav

The integrated one has not been out for long so I doubt there are that many of us who have used then enough to give an opinion.

J

Hi Gav

I am also looing for Blum hinges. Is the catalogue you mentioned online or hard copy? It would help me if you could let me know where you got it or ling please.

The integrated one is pretty nice. It seems to have a softer transition to soft close than the clip on soft close mech, and also looks a LOT more streamlined. The ability to turn off the soft close is nice, but I doubt it will get used in most applications. (after initial fitting of door).
Which ever you go for, make sure you get the correct crank and back plate combination.

HTH
Adam.

I decided to go for the integrated version and they were delivered and fitted this week.

Initial thoughts are they are very nice, have used the clip tops before with the clip on blumotion units. The soft close is very smooth, easy to disable as on every hinge on my doors it was over kill. The cam adjustments for aligning are also very easy.

I think I will continue to use these especially as they work out cheaper than the seperates.

Gav

Hi Gav

I've always used the clip ons and have just fitted a kitchen with them as usual however my own kitchen is now in progress and I've used the all in ones on this.

Initial reaction is that they seem to have a better action but are slower to "set" i.e. if the door is opened just a little way and you let go before the mechanism activates, it will slam. Don't see it as a problem in normal use though.
Only downside I can see is that if a fault develops you've got to change the whole hinge and I've had one faulty already!

As an aside, I bought 6 identical hinges but not blum, off a dealer on ebay to try out and they are just as good.I added them on to an order for handles so saved the postage and they seem decent value at £1.69 each

Bob

I have had difficulty finding what I want in the Blum site, what I am looking for need to be suitable for insert door (if that is the correct term). The door will fit inside the wardrobe carcass, not overhanging the front of the carcass side.

Does anybody know what search for to find these on ebay or google search please?

gav":2uwhtwfx said:
I decided to go for the integrated version and they were delivered and fitted this week.

Initial thoughts are they are very nice, have used the clip tops before with the clip on blumotion units. The soft close is very smooth, easy to disable as on every hinge on my doors it was over kill. The cam adjustments for aligning are also very easy.

I think I will continue to use these especially as they work out cheaper than the seperates.

Gav

Gav,

How much and where did you get them ? Isaac Lords want over £5.19 + vat each for Blumotion integra without the plates.

Latest posts

Back