Blades from Mikes Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M P Hales

Established Member
Reaction score
As many scroll saw users advise on this forum I purchase my Flying Dutchman blades from Mikes Workshop.

I would like to say the service is absolutely brilliant.

Ordered and despatched same day on 18th December not expecting to see them until New Year.

Couldn't believe they arrived this morning!

PS

A friend sent a Christmas card on the 16th and also arrived today :!:

Its a wonderful service that Mike gives. He is also very happy to advise people on the best blade for the job in hand with regard to material being used, thickness etc. I always get an e-mail from Mike saying my blades have been sent the same day and I normally wait about a week.

I was having a look on the website.. Could not really understand the order form.. Lol. Do you just put your card details in and he adds whatever amount shipping is? I always like to know what I'm spending before I spend.

Cheers

Jmac80":mzqvft8u said:
I was having a look on the website.. Could not really understand the order form.. Lol. Do you just put your card details in and he adds whatever amount shipping is? I always like to know what I'm spending before I spend.

Cheers

To be honest I made a mess of the order last time as I didn't take off the discount for 3 gross (I think) of blades

Mike sorted my error and e-mailed with reduced cost and postage costs

All I'll do in future is send him the order and let him sort the rest as he is obviously honest - he could have just taken the order and said nowt :!:

Martin

That is Lesley's Patterns.
I am the exclusive dealer for the FD blades in the US and Canada and Lesley is a dealer.
It is nice to see the prices in UK currency.
FD Mike

Hi Mike
I shall be placing my first order with you, What blades can you recommend for metal cutting? will be thin soft aluminium and copper 1.5mm thick for jewelry.
also want to try some coin cutting and some for wood puzzles on thin wood like mdf also general wood cutting ones just to play with. probably looking for a gross of each to stock up :)
scroll saw is hegner multi cut 2 sev. i await yours and others recommendations then i shall order.

Jmac80":1uunkvzw said:
small bump for blade recommendations from Mikes shop as i just ordered the Hegner today :)

I don't have much experience cutting metal and when I have I used 'trial and error' (mostly error lol) I normally use very fine teeth metal cutting blades (mine were the cheaper type that Hobbies sell) I have cut sheet brass with them and as I was cutting small items I stuck the brass to a plywood backing using double-sided sellotape which I found made it a lot easier. You need some lubricant I have used both 3 in 1 oil and candle wax.

Some people suggest skip tooth blades work better?

scrimper":22nv6hp7 said:
Jmac80":22nv6hp7 said:
small bump for blade recommendations from Mikes shop as i just ordered the Hegner today :)

I don't have much experience cutting metal and when I have I used 'trial and error' (mostly error lol) I normally use very fine teeth metal cutting blades (mine were the cheaper type that Hobbies sell) I have cut sheet brass with them and as I was cutting small items I stuck the brass to a plywood backing using double-sided sellotape which I found made it a lot easier. You need some lubricant I have used both 3 in 1 oil and candle wax.

Some people suggest skip tooth blades work better?
Thanks scrimper

Fixing the metal to ply sounds good, especially when dealing with small bits of metal and heat issues.
Also ordered some trend lubricant. :)

Latest posts

Back