hi I am a newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi I completed these over the holidays the cat and mouse - from Steve goods site -need finishing and putting on a plinth the butterfly is my first toe dip into intarsia and there are obvious mistakes but any constructive comments would be welcome the cat and mouse are in plywood the butterfly is purple heart body walnut and cherry for the inner wings and tulip wood for the outer wings

john

pain is the best attention getter

Attachments

• cat and mouse.jpg
    cat and mouse.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 745
  • butterfly.jpg
    butterfly.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 745
Finally got a new computer the other went to the computer scrap yard pity no parts could be used for band saw or scroll sawing.

After watching more videos on intarsia etc I have discovered the butterfly I did and the unicorn - picture to follow - are in fact segmentation, I will have to ask very nicely to you all can you please point out the difference for me, before I start putting together the beagle I have just cut out using ebony, tulip wood for the white and panga panga for the brown.

Also this last few days I have experimented making a jig - never done this before - for my Record Power scroll saw so A) I can cut a straight line and B) make every piece the same thickness - as my hands are riddled with arthritis and have difficulty holding small pieces - and my fingers although rough are of some use to me, it seems to work needs more refining if anyone is interested I will post a photo of it when I get it finished.

have a nice day
john

hi Brian thanks for clearing that up , I must be doing a beginners form of intarsia then

I will put some photos on here when I find a camera that will give me the right number of mega pixels mine is 20 mega pixels and the site will not let me put my photos on no matter what I do to remove back ground etc

been trying different things out on my saw with varying results some good some only fit for the fire but i guess that is part of the learning process

has anyone out there ever tried to make big scroll saw clock ?? like York minster etc would like to hear your experiences and what the pit falls would be in doing one

take care
john

cheers Brian I tried that but it only works on windows xp so found on cnet "fast stone photo resizer " will give it a try later on

take care
john

tried fast stone not good

someone mentioned to me today about Celtic scroll carving I looked it up on google and there is a lot that can be done on the scroll saw along with intarsia anyone out there tried this ?????

john

today I entered my local show and put the first box on this post in and got first prize and as a bonus best in show well pleased

John

is it possible to mix and match corian with wood please

john

aramco":a5gqqma1 said:
is it possible to mix and match corian with wood please

Yes. Claymore does it with a lot of his intarsia projects.

Latest posts

Back