Bit of a rant!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
What is it with delivery companies? I have been waiting for some items to arrive by post and Monday morning one of them arrived with Royal Mail Parcels....but I was at work on the early shift. A card was left and the following day I rang...and rang....and rang.....and rang!! Opening times are only from 7am to 2pm and I work 6am to 2pm. They are also open Saturday mornings from 9am to 12pm and I am working!! Why is it these 'Services' never open when people are home from work?? It would be much more of a service if they were open 24/7 but just after working hours would be fine. Another item arrived today from Issac Lord while I was again at work and this time by a company named 'Target' I called the number on the card to arrange re-delivery for the following afternoon when I am home only to be told they only deliver in the morning!! What is it with these companies do they live in the real world?? :evil:

Perhaps you need to complain to the organisations you ordered the goods from because, presumably, it's their choice who they use to deliver the goods?

Cheers :wink:

Paul

both royal mail and target will leave parcel in safe place if requested although you may have to leave a confirmation signature on paper on front door or in shed etc.

You have to decide whether you trust the driver.

They are usually okay with this.

** out of all of them the only one that will not leave is 'city link' and this is usually because they have franchise drivers and they only get paid on signature on their PDA**

you should be able to collect your parcel (royal mail) from the sorting office which is open from about 6am-8pm i think :)

Our sorting office is open 0600-1830 - handy enough,especially as it's only half a mile away.
Although for the last year or so,I have been getting everything delivered to work,and find it much easier.

Andrew

I will join in here, last week I worked from home for a couple of days, my study, posh name for the box room is directly over the front door. :)
We have a door bell and a gravel drive. One of our dogs, Sam Wise, does not like anyone walking on the gravel, ringing the bell or putting stuff into the letter box for that matter. :twisted:
Sam barked I stood up from my desk and looked out to see a postman getting back in his van the other side of the road. On checking the letter box there was a card for non delivery of a package for my wife. I pressed the button for the door bell, it dinged, Sam went barmy, I could not believe what had just happened. ](*,)

Did the chap have the card pre-written on the end of a long stick, not wishing the disturb anyone in the house into opening the door? :whistle:

No Mambo it is the sorting office that is only open from 7am to 2pm while I am at work. They are only open until 12 noon on Saturday too so this one is ruled out too. they state on the card that they can deliver it to my local post office for a price of 50p which would be fine if I could contact them on the phone! Thanks for the advice of having it delivered to work Byron I hadn't given that a thought. At the moment I am going to forego one of my jobs on Saturday so I can be in to receive it then. It now means I have to re shedule the job I was planning for Saturday morning though. :cry: How can they call this sort of thing a service makes me wonder??

I too have been in when a chap from royal mail put a failed delivery card through the letter box. I happened to be walking past the door when he did it, so I opened it an said "I am in!"

He then explained to me that he didn't actually have the parcel in his van and that I would have to go to the sorting office to get it. Now I thought that was particularly bad. If someone has paid good money to send me a parcel, shouldn't Royal Mail at least attempt to deliver it?

I complained to royal mail and they gave me two books of first class stamps by way of an apology.

On the other hand, I do think the postal service we have in this country is excelent value. 34p to send a letter anywhere in the country... bargain!

All of that is bad.

But has anyone else had the pleasure of paying for junk mail?

I got a card through from Royal Mail saying they could
not deliver an item due to underpayment of postage costs.

I think the underpayment was about 25p and the fee £1!

So I went to the sorting office and paid the postage and fee
to find upon opening the letter that it was junk mail!

Same thing happened the next week. But I knew this item was from
my elderly mother in law. So I paid the underpostage (due to over sized envelope) and the £1 fee.
I spoke to my mother in law and found out she had gone
to her local post office and they had sold her the envelope and
put the stamps on for her!!

Andy

Back