biscuit jointer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbutcher

Established Member
Reaction score
Mackro have a biscuit jointer on offer for £26.99 make:- nutool 900wat dose the full range of biscuits dust collection bag steel and alloy construction are they worth it? by the way it also has a 2year warrantee

Hi woodbutcher,
obviously at that kind of price its not going to have the build quality of a lamello, but if your only intending to use it for occasional use then its probably worth trying.With a two year guarantee you couldnt go far wrong

thank's alan for your reply the lamello's i have used in the past have not been as good a quality as this and i think that the chiwanes have improved on the lamello design, it has a multi angle fence and it can also be used to produce tonge and grove .
WOODBUTCHER

I think that NuTool are a bit like the cheap Ferm ones that Screwfix sell. Some people get them and they get good results and others think they are a pile of cr*p. This is probably down to 1) variability from tool to tool with little or no QC at the factory and 2) the experience and expectations of the user. I've had cheap tools from Makro in the past and some have been great like my bench grinder (under £10). On the other hand I bought a NuTool circular saw once that was the most dangerous thing I have ever handled as the blade always worked loose. FWIW I bought the Freud biscuit joiner after reading the reviews on this site and I am very pleased with it but it is about £100 more than the NuTool.

I bought a biscuit jointer from Wickes this morning, they have a big sale on of their powertools so it was reduced to £30. They must have changed models or something as it is surprisingly solid (although I haven't used it in anger yet, so the cuts may not be repeatable), seemed silly not to give it a shot for that money.

V.

Latest posts

Back