Big 09 UKW Turning Competition : Pen Winners now announced !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In short paul - Yes. :D

It might be wise to say who you were "inspired by" on your entry so it doesnt look bad - but that is between you and whoevers work you are copying/inspired by.

I would suggest however in the spirit of fairplay and harmony that members not copy each others competition entries (though i am not making a rule against it, merely a suggestion)

In summary if its turned, and you made it yourself, it can be your entry

and dont worry about the questions - thats what the thread is there for.

i would like to enter the beginners competition.

what are the rules if i make say, a bowl with three eggs inside

roggatismus":2bebpfzp said:

The rule is: you can enter ;)

roggatismus":32syx669 said:
i would like to enter the beginners competition.

Hi Rog, I'll add you to the list.

the rules on sets are these

big soft moose":32syx669 said:
in the general turning we will allow a pair of candle sticks , a nest of bowls, matched salt and pepper grinders, sets of coasters etc to constitute one entry - but only one entry is allowed per member and we will not allow the entry of "sets" of random items to be entered to try and increase anyones chance of winning.
The decision as to what constitutes a set and what doesnt will be at my discretion so if you are in any doubt please contact me before submitting your entry.

as regards your specific idea it is hard to say whether it is a set, my general stance on this is that sets need to match , or obviously go together.

So if you have a set of matching eggs in a matching or contrasting bowl , then yes its a set and you can enter it. However three random eggs with no similarities (other than being eggs ;) ) in a non matching bowl arent and you cant.

If you arent sure whether its a set or not send me a pm with a picture link before you enter it and i'll make a definitive judgement

ok thanks

that idea was just a fleeting one as to whether i will do tht i dont know. but if i do then i will send it to you first for review

thanks

I would also like to join in,

I don't have a lathe yet and have never turned a piece of wood but it is one heck of an incentive to get it going sooner rather than later. I do have a bolster chisel I used to take out the old fireplace so I recon I am half way there.

hmm, I wonder which class to enter. :lol:

I would also like to join in,

I don't have a lathe yet and have never turned a piece of wood but it is one heck of an incentive to get it going sooner rather than later. I do have a bolster chisel I used to take out the old fireplace so I recon I am half way there.

hmm, I wonder which class to enter. :lol:

it appears that toby wants to join in so much that he has said so twice :lol:

no problem , i've added you to the list.

P

Glitch in the matrix or a overly excited Back and Forward click on the mouse possibly.

Not sure how that happened. I should, as I work for a web based software company........

TobyDavidson":3hrmdisl said:
.......Not sure how that happened. I should, as I work for a web based software company........

Par for the course then.... :twisted: :twisted:

hat coat etc...

Hey everybody remember that entrance closes on the 17th of august so there is less than one month to go.

so far we have 10 entrants out of 42 expressions of interest , so the other 32 of you , plus anyone else interested , need to get your spinny vibe thing on :D :lol:

Back