Big 09 UKW Turning Competition : Pen Winners now announced !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jenx":2d77yryr said:
Hi .. could someone with the relative 'know-how' perhaps help out
keithkarl2007's entry in the submissions to become visible ?

He's not posted again, so his photos have been caught in the spamtrap..

Ta !

:D :D :D :D

Someone did have a go but the link is not found on photobucket so he either copied it wrong or he has removed the picture.

john

It's coming! It's coming! Did some more work on it tonight. Hope to have it ready by next week.

big soft moose":2p51005v said:
Hey everybody remember that entrance closes on the 17th of august so there is less than one month to go.

so far we have 10 entrants out of 42 expressions of interest , so the other 32 of you , plus anyone else interested , need to get your spinny vibe thing on :D :lol:

jpt":3jdim8ai said:
Jenx":3jdim8ai said:
Hi .. could someone with the relative 'know-how' perhaps help out
keithkarl2007's entry in the submissions to become visible ?

He's not posted again, so his photos have been caught in the spamtrap..

Ta !

:D :D :D :D

Someone did have a go but the link is not found on photobucket so he either copied it wrong or he has removed the picture.

john

ive pm'd him and asked him to resubmit - so he either does or he doesnt ;)

oops I just realised that the deadline has been and gone. I kept putting it off. Sorry all. I've taken a little break from turning while I get my workshop organised and few DIY projects sorted. I doubt I'll get a chance to finish my entry for the other project either.

Good luck those who entered.

I don't think you missed it! deadline isn't till the 17th ... is it!
I hope not or I've missed ita as well! :shock:

Turn Tommy! Turn like the wind! :lol:

ah my mistake, I'll see if I can conjure something up this weekend.

I cant believe he hasnt turned anything on the BRM yet ;) ( I also wonder if blister is going to get his @rse in gear and turn a cauldron entry on the big green monster)

But just to clarify yes deadline in 9am on monday 17th august , and you can enter something you have made previously if your prefer.

Paul.J":1i2bppjq said:
Will the judges be sharing their thoughts on each piece entered,or just give the results :?:

no - we decided that that would be too much work for the judges , plus could cause argument and discontent if the creator of a piece and a judge disagree about its relative merits.

the mods have created a judges only forum for the comp, which i have pasted all entries into (with different threads for the different categories), all judging discussion will take place in there and when all decisions have been made I will annouce the winners of each category in the turning forum.

Almost ready, just waiting for decent shots of my piece to arrive from a friend.

Brendan

Good luck everyone !

Some amazing items here, And some of my fellow beginners need to be promoted for the next competition, Some people seem to have come a long way in a short space of time.

very inspirational.

Thanks comp organisers !

Loz

Pete,

If it's any consolation to you - I said exactly the same as you when I saw your, and the others', work.

This is the first competition I have ever entered and lack of confidence and health issues tempted me to pull out but I'd made a commitment to take part and I wanted to honour that. In the end I submitted a little box I made for a challenge a short time ago on another woodturning forum where members are set a task - in that case to turn an endgrain box and match the grain. On completion you post your photo of the box you made and, when they are all in, the people who submitted pieces are paired up and swap boxes. It's not a competition, rather an effort to make people concentrate on a specific task, maybe one they usually avoid, to try to improve skill levels. My box went to California and I got a beautiful one back. The guy who got my box very kindly agreed to take photos of it and send them to me as my photo of it was terrible - that's what I was waiting for last night because my request to him was very last minute when I realised I wasn't going to be able to make a new box in time.

I wish you, and all the others, the very best of luck.

Brendan

Well done to everyone who entered - The deadline has now passed and entrance is closed.

The judges will shortly be examing the entries (which i have pasted into a special judges only forum) and we hope to annouce their decisions by the end of the month

(A slight complication is that Mark H, and i think Mark S, are going to westonbirt next week - if this delays the decision I will keep everyone informed and let you know the results as soon as possible)

cheers

Pete

Back