bevel edged chisels...... HELP!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Matthew sells the whole range at Workshop Heaven. I'm pretty certain AI are at Ally Pally this weekend, so you might get some sort of show discount.

rocksteadyeddy":185x72oz said:
Points taken, but those AI skews do look nice, what sort of money are they?

£18.45 apiece for the 1/4" that come as standard with the dovetail set, or £20.45 apiece for the 7/16" which are better for bigger stuff. The blades are both fishtailed and skewed so they can get at the fluffies in the tightest of corners. Most skews are just bevel edged chisels ground at an angle, fishtails are better, but if you go one step further and grind a fishtail at an angle you can reach into all sorts of nooks and crannies.

fish.gif

Fishtails are easily dismissed as a gimmick, I was unsure myself to begin with, but once you've used them a few times they are absolutely invaluable. Mark (Wellswood) was a great help in developing the bigger ones - for some unfathomable reason they felt cumbersome and clunky at 1/2" but when we tried just a touch smaller at 7/16" they balanced perfectly.

Have finally bitten the bullet and have ordered a set of six AI..... :D Just got to wait for them to turn up now!

Cheers, Edd.

They finally turned up this morning after a two week wait! (out of stock of the 3/4" apparently! :roll:

Still they DO look very nice, unfortunately busy messing around putting new ceiling up in the lounge so no playing for a while #-o

Anyway thanks again for everyones input just need to put them to good use now!

Cheers Edd

rocksteadyeddy":1kahhxb4 said:
They finally turned up this morning after a two week wait! (out of stock of the 3/4" apparently! :roll:

Still they DO look very nice, unfortunately busy messing around putting new ceiling up in the lounge so no playing for a while #-o

Anyway thanks again for everyones input just need to put them to good use now!

Cheers Edd
Remember not to flatten the backs with the AI's...enjoy :wink: - Rob

Back