Best timber to use for clothes airer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Orbital Bob":16ftae41 said:
Now look what you've gone and done Terry....you'll have to make something now!! Incidentally, we Yorkshire types also called it a clothes horse (but without the H)

Clothes 'Orse here in Lincs also.

skipdiver":2uevjllu said:
Random Orbital Bob":2uevjllu said:
Now look what you've gone and done Terry....you'll have to make something now!! Incidentally, we Yorkshire types also called it a clothes horse (but without the H)

Clothes 'Orse here in Lincs also.

Very posh! Close 'orse in North Notts

custard":b0lu40m2 said:
I've got some straight grained, clear, white, quarter sawn Sycamore off-cuts that would easily yield four 1200mm stiles plus six or eight decent sized rails.

If you're passing the workshop anytime PM me and you're welcome to them...otherwise it's into the woodburner they shall go!

Very kind offer Custard, but sadly I don't think I will be in your neck of the woods any time soon.

Terry.

Thanks for all the replies, sounds like I now know what to get my daughter next time she asks if she can have a horse :lol:

Sadly I am not planning a trip down memory lane as it is one of these that has been suggested...

http://www.pulleymaid.com/beedboard_rack.htm

Some friends have just had a single and a double put up in their utility room and it seemed a good space saving option. But just check out the price, our friends paid close to £300 for the pleasure. Surely there must be a jolly good profit in that for somebody.

Terry.

Back