Best source for bird feeders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
We have a couple of bird feeders but SWMBO wants some more. We need the hanging ones because of rats and magpies (oh the joy of the countryside) and I was wondering if any of you are back garden twitchers etc and would know of a good supplier, preferably online.

Cheers

Tim

dedee":3p1xbt91 said:
Never seen a squirrel get a nut yet.

We have quite a lot of squirrels because we have two walnut trees. Normally they are very well behaved. However, I once put up two bird feeders and within about half an hour the squirrels had totally destroyed them. To watch them it was like a town centre on a Saturday night at chucking out time :shock: :shock:

Cheers

Paul

Paul Chapman":28ykawi5 said:
dedee":28ykawi5 said:
Never seen a squirrel get a nut yet.

We have quite a lot of squirrels because we have two walnut trees. Normally they are very well behaved. However, I once put up two bird feeders and within about half an hour the squirrels had totally destroyed them. To watch them it was like a town centre on a Saturday night at chucking out time :shock: :shock:

Cheers

Paul

We have no squirrels because we have two labradors. I think I saw one once about 4 years ago...

I ordered a bunch of feeders from these guys this morning:

http://www.birdfood.co.uk/

They have a small cheap one for a couple of quid so I ordered 10 or so to stick in the trees.

Cheers

Tim

tim":1fmyvxed said:
We have no squirrels because we have two labradors. I think I saw one once about 4 years ago...

Tim, can I 'borrow' your labs? We had two walnut trees, both heavily laden with unripe walnuts, and while we were in London, the b*** f** squirrels scoffed the lot. I bagged two last year wih the rifle thinking (hoping?) that heritary memory would be wiped out. Guess the little b***ers have learnt how to write :evil:

Back