Best Scroll Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i brought a cheap one and ended up ditching it and getting a hegner if hes upped his budget then he has a bit more choice he has done right upping his budget as a generic for 200 most probably be a waste of money.

so hes down to a choice of ax and hegner either way im sure he be fine.

i could offer 7th heaven will that do ?? :mrgreen: :-" \:D/

Thanks all for all your input and time ..... :D

I am beginning to think, may be the base Hegner will be the one to go for. :wink: (as it is same cost as axi)
as for multispeed dont know whether i need it or not as i am just starting out on the road of scroll sawing :D is it a must
but i know i want a decent machine to help me in this quest :wink:

has the base version have the lever at top for tensioning blade or is that done from the rear ..looking at photos the base version appears not to have this ...but could this be retro fitted after purchasing saw :?:

sorry again for all questions Dave

Dave like i said LOOK AT THE SECTION VARIABLE SPEED DO I NEED IT ? on the page i sent you

quick release tension is done at the back of the saw look at the photo and you can see it like i said earlier post it has it on older machines dont

the ones on sale on ebay look ok depends how much they go for eventually

think there is one ending soon

i had a look at the ax looks nice for the money and has good reviews well apart from the guy saying his blade clamps broke see this is what im on about , also i had a bandsaw and a sander from axminster , lets just say the qaulity wasnt as good as the glossy photo they show !!

its ur money dave and your choice we can only help so much but you do seem to be going around in circles (hammer)

mark

Hegner multicultural one has the blade tensioning at the bak of the arm.

I have only recently bought my Hegner and I have to say it is all I could ever ask for, I love it.
Should you go for the Hegner base version, as you call it, I don't think you'll e disappointed.

mac1012 said:
Dave like i said LOOK AT THE SECTION VARIABLE SPEED DO I NEED IT ? on the page i sent you

quick release tension is done at the back of the saw look at the photo and you can see it like i said earlier post it has it on older machines dont

the ones on sale on ebay look ok depends how much they go for eventually

think there is one ending soon

i had a look at the ax looks nice for the money and has good reviews well apart from the guy saying his blade clamps broke see this is what im on about , also i had a bandsaw and a sander from axminster , lets just say the qaulity wasnt as good as the glossy photo they show !!

its ur money dave and your choice we can only help so much but you do seem to be going around in circles (hammer)

I am sorry if i am p**ing you off but never received the page that you sent me that is in BOLD letters above and you are right i do appear to be going around in circles ...but with all this input it wont be an AXI but a Hegner i will buy probably the base model at the same money
Dave :O)

Dave your not pissing me of mate dont worry :D the section about variable speed it is on the original page i sent you it is a link on the page where the hegner saw is you looked at hope you understand what i mean

http://www.hegner.co.uk/Heg_Variable_Speed

\:D/

but in case you dont the page ive sent you above will take you straight to it

mark

Cheers Mark

i thought it was another page that you were sending me :lol:

yes read that on the original page that you sent me thanks :wink:

dont think i will be cutting metal or plastics .and if it is thicker wood as you or smeone else said get the correct blade to suit the conditions

appreciate input .....just need some more money as i have doubled my budget lol (you havent any spare have you :lol: )

just have to wait a little longer ...did you buy your saw from http://www.hegner.co.uk

Dave

Webby , I on the advice I received on this forum bought a Hegner Multicut 1 which is the Base model .I decided to have it fitted with Variable Speed at an extra cost of £140.00
I had been told that V/S was only needed if you were cutting metals .I have the saw about 4/5 months now and after a couple of days when the novelty had worn off and I had found a speed which I was happy with ,I have not moved is since.I dont cut metals and dont think I ever will.
I also have an older about 20yrs.saw which is a hegner clone so I can say Yes the Multicut 1 is a very good saw and IMO is as good as you will get .If I were to buy a new saw today it would be a Hegner, that is not to say that it is not possible to buy an other brand which will perform as well as a Hegner [if your lucky] . :lol:

Whatever decision you come to I hope you get as much enjoyment as I do from scrolling ,so best of luck to you .

Hi i have both hegners and an AWFS 18 it is my go to machine there is no difference in my opinion
its on my bench so i just use it.
Geoff

Geoffrey":2oq5zr0l said:
Hi i have both hegners and an AWFS 18 it is my go to machine there is no difference in my opinion
its on my bench so i just use it.
Geoff

dont be greedy Geoffrey let me have one :D

any ways after all this input thanks to all i am going to go for the SIP01928 :mrgreen: :roll:

only joking it will be the Multicut 1 thanks again

Dave :O)

Back