Best cordless range to go for?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to say De Walt , as the new Li ion battery is backwards compatible , so all my older De Walts can take the Li ion. Also the tools are silly cheap if you go to the USA or know someone who does £35.00 for the 165 mm circular saw bare and just about £30.00 for the bare angle grinder, great value. I have a couple of older Makita drills 5-6 years old or so and they have been great, just a pity they altered the battery shape when they changed to Li ion or I may have still been buying blue!

Shane":24omoz8i said:
JWF":24omoz8i said:
Li=Ion or Ni-cad for the batteries?

Go for li-ion or ni-mh, ni-cad is a waste of time and money

I'd say li-ion or ni-cad. Ni-mh is a poor match to power tool use.

Jake":j3jbpga1 said:
Shane":j3jbpga1 said:
JWF":j3jbpga1 said:

How do you work that out? ni-cad lasts for about half an hour before needing a charge. my ni-mh hilti drill lasts a day a battery under frequent use and has loads of torque. I've had it for about 6 years and it's still going strong

Shane":1vhsdopf said:
Jake":1vhsdopf said:
Shane":1vhsdopf said:
JWF":1vhsdopf said:

How do you work that out? ni-cad lasts for about half an hour before needing a charge. my ni-mh hilti drill lasts a day a battery under frequent use and has loads of torque. I've had it for about 6 years and it's still going strong

Probably not comparing like with like. Have you got a same generation Hilti ni-cad?

The basic problem with ni-mh is that under high drain it dies - like for like on quality - after far fewer charges than ni-cad or li-ion.

Back