Besseeey

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of threads on the "K" bodies, here's my take.

I had to buy some 1 metre one for the present project and although expensive I couldn't believe the difference they make when clamping up, I only bought 6 but will certainly be buying some more.

I entirely agree. I am slowly building up my Bessey clamp collection and replacing the cheap rubbish clamps I bought thinking they were a bargain. In my opinion Bessey clamps are the best available, despite the high cost.

Mark H

Hi Waka,
FWIW, my Dad taught me always to buy clamps in sets of 4. I have a number of the Wolfcraft trigger clamps, and I have just two of one particular size, and oft times I wish I had another two the same.
Cheers
Steve

Is there alot of difference between the K-Body and the UNI-CLAMP??

I have cheap clarke clamps and they are ok for a basic clamp but start to bend under any serious pressure

Andy

Lynx":277ato8b said:

Actually I think there is no comparison. I have returned 3 uniklamps when the threads have started to fail but they are basically a pretty average F clamp in Bessey colours and Bessey price diffrential - you can get clamps like these for a lot less money.

The K bodies are in my opinion untouchable and worth every penny. I add one or two to most orders with APTC so that the purchase price seems less painful. Even though I think they are worth the money I somehow have a much greater problem justifying expense on clamps than on almost anything else, yet when I use them esp in complex glue ups I always think that I'm glad I've got the best. No logic whatsoever!

Cheers

Tim

I agree have 4 60" ones (1500mm) and they are a delight to use as well as 4 30" ones. KBodies are my only clamps that do true parallel clamping without doing the under over rotation.

Has anyone got a contact with a supplier who they could suggest offering a discount for uk workshop members. 10%maybe there seems to be so many people who are prepared to pay for these clamps including myself that it would make it worth their while. I am planning to buy at least two at the show next week.

The only Bessey I have is the band clamp, which is quite handy.

The other clamps I use are Record Sash clamps. How do the K-Body clamps compare?

tim":3ahvgoqk said:
Lynx":3ahvgoqk said:

Actually I think there is no comparison. I have returned 3 uniklamps when the threads have started to fail but they are basically a pretty average F clamp in Bessey colours and Bessey price diffrential - you can get clamps like these for a lot less money.

Tim - are you sure you are talking about the Uniklamps - I've never seen anything similiar for a similiar price from another manufacturer. I find them perfectly adequate for the lengths they come in. You'd have to be clamping pretty hard to see any deflection and they are lighter than the k-bodies which is an advantage.

Steve - I have some of the Wolfcraft clamps - they are quite unique (AFAIK) in that they can truly be used one handed - with a triggered opening mechanism too.

Cheers

Gidon

i agree bessey clamps are the only product to use for doing case work, they make is so much easier to ensure a square box, whilst their depth
of jaw makes them easier to use without cauls, which we never seem to have at the right time. i have also tried their deep jaw ones although they only go up to about 300mm, and the edge trim ones, brilliant.

i think one of the problems is if you buy the big ones, then you feel that all bessey clamps will take that kind of abuse, maybe they wont? :cry:

since i only make things smaller than 1200 long, i have a couple of 1500's as well as 6,8 and 1000. always buy in pairs, and some people are still doing deals. ask the question, it is worth the effort.
paul :wink:

I have a number of K bodies and they are a pleasure to use.

A couple of months ago thought I would add four of the Uni-Klamps to the collection to see what they were like, for clamping up smaller, lighter stuff.

The place I ordered from managed to send me K bodies instead, presumably by mistake as they look much the same !!! :D

I was racked with guilt for a while as you can imagine and sad to say never got round to owning up ! :shock:

gidon":3qoz4pky said:
I find them perfectly adequate for the lengths they come in. You'd have to be clamping pretty hard to see any deflection and they are lighter than the k-bodies which is an advantage.
They are pretty flimsy next to the K-bodies and I find them sometimes difficult to open, which doesn't happen at all with their big brothers.

chisel":3qoz4pky said:
I was racked with guilt for a while as you can imagine and sad to say never got round to owning up !
Tut tut tut [-X :lol:

Hi David

davidc1075":34nw3cbf said:
Has anyone got a contact with a supplier who they could suggest offering a discount for uk workshop members. 10%maybe there seems to be so many people who are prepared to pay for these clamps including myself that it would make it worth their while. I am planning to buy at least two at the show next week.

Your best bet is to find the best internet price and ask someone at the show to match it. I'm pretty sure that it will be more than Xpress or Tooled Up.

Cheers
Neil

Back