been offerd graduate advise please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUNK_WALES

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have just been offered a union graduate lathe from a school I am doing some work on for fifty quid obviously its3 phase do I take it or leave it where it is do I bother with the cost of converting it advice please thanks

for 50 notes grab it now - 3 phase graduates usually go for 10 times that

as regards the phase conversion you can get a bog standard inverter for under a hundred notes , or you can get a fancier version that allows you full electronic variable speed for around 250 notes.

the other thing to watch is that graduates were meant for school use so tend to be a bit low for adults , so unless you are a little bloke you may need to increase the height by making a robust platform for it to stand on.

You will be hard pushed to do better than that. Worse comes to worse you can put it on Ebay and guarantee to get your money back. You are in range of places like Liverpool etc for collection so it should sell easily. If you convert it you would have an excellent lathe for peanuts.

Pete

at £50 its a bargain
i paid £225 and thought i had a bargain
and convert to variable speed

DUNK_WALES":2uxg72vg said:
Hi all I have just been offered a union graduate lathe from a school I am doing some work on for fifty quid obviously its3 phase do I take it or leave it where it is do I bother with the cost of converting it advice please thanks

No not worth it :wink:

just give him my number :mrgreen: :tool: :tool: :tool: :tool:

Back