been a while

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi just to catch up been doing the hospital rounds and expect to have back surgery this month.

Here are a few bits I have done since I was last on a couple of Steve goods patterns girl and horse and I love you, sign out of pitch pine which seemed a waste but it was for the people who gave me the wood, for a new baby called Will . A slack handful of reindeer's both large and small -bands saw and scroll saw - a couple of Steve goods I love you 3d pieces a new chair for my scroll saw higher than the old one, and the coup de grace I made a coffee table out of the pitch pine 31 x 14 x 14 high which looks absolutely magic with three coats of hard glaze varnish on , it was hard on the saw blades and he machine hiccuped a few times, it would not resaw at all each piece came off like a set of waves and it took a lot of work flattening them with my router and a lot of waste - boo hoo - oh and I started a plaque of Charles dearing colt 45 but it look like I have messed it up put to one side or now . and also a plaque of 5 horses from the scroll saw village, that seems to be the lotfor now will continue to cut small reindeer's for now on the scroll saw. The picture of the reindeer's are bedore and after my wife has had a go at them noses bows etc.

I have tried to put photos on but I have given up too much time wasted resizing even one got down to 50 x 50 pixels and it still wouldn't accept it so to say the I am exasperated would be an understatement. Pictures went on wonders never cease.

take care
I will keep up to date as and when
John

Attachments

• IMG_0251 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0251 (Small).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0249 (Large) (Large) (Large) (Small) (Small) (Small).JPG
    IMG_0249 (Large) (Large) (Large) (Small) (Small) (Small).JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0250 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0250 (Small).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0256 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0256 (Small).JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0252 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0252 (Small).JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0253 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0253 (Small).JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0260 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0260 (Small).JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 510
Welcome "back" & good luck with the op (fingers X'd).

More than "a handful" of Bambis!!!

Nice stuff.

"Gute Besserung"

still aint had surgery and have been busy here is some more stuff done a plaque of 5 horses d from a pattern off the scroll saw village by Birchbark the single horse by Charles dearing the Indian and bear for a pattern by Florent Ameslant from the scroll saw hang out site the 5 horse and single horse are cut with # 3 spiral reverse and the Indian and bear with#02 spiral reverse . could now be time to do a shop clean and revamp

take care
John

Attachments

• IMG_0263 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0263 (Small).JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0264 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0264 (Small).JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0265 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0265 (Small).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 402
Welcome back mate.

Interesting that you used the spiral blades. How did it go? I tried once but as someone else on here said (maybe Claymore) I found them "the work of the devil"! So I only tried once. Perhaps I should have tried more? (That sounds like my old school reports - "should try harder")!

hi AES spiral blades really take some getting used to slow speed and slow feed and plenty of practice and fire wood, but when one gets used them it is much quicker the indian and bear took just over 3 hours to cut mind I did use a small blade #02 spiral

take care
John

hi again been cutting some small reindeers tonight tried a #3 spiral all went into the fire lighting bucket till I bust the blade, had some straight blades that came with my saw it cut magic till I bust it - my fault not the machines - then I found a packet of pegas blades I had stashed away a while ago, gave a #3 skipped tooth a go and that worked real good then I bust that one - again my fault - sound familiar - then tried a #5 reverse tooth again magic so straight verses spiral in this occasion straight wins, I forgot to mention I am off my anti inflammatory tablets been off them 5 weeks and suffering so I am pleased I broke blades and not lost fingers .

take care
John

Back