Bed fittings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big John

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm building a bed for my son and am looking for the fittings that attach to the end grain part of the long rail. The receiving part is morticed into the bed posts and the rail part hooks into it. I've tried Isaac Lord and Woodfit but they don't seem to stock this fitting. Can anyone suggest a source or an alternative? The bed design is based on http://media.popularmechanics.com/image ... s-lg-3.jpg

Any link to that Argee?

Found them by Google - unfortunately :-

"Please note that we only deal with the UK trade and will not accept forms from members of the public."

:(

I appreciate that (and I do have a trade account with them) - but there are retailers that stock Hafele products (mainly hinges, but not exclusively so), or will order in for you.

Ray.

don't need to be in "the trade" to order. Just create an account with them and order away.

You may not need to be trade to order, but Hafele now have a strict £50 minimum order amount on pro-forma accounts. If the order amount is less than £50 (even if it's £1), you would have to pay the £50 to have the order sent. If you doubt that, ring them on 01788 542020 for confirmation.

That's why, in the above circumstances, recommending a retailer seemed the best option.

Ray.

Argee":2b1g0sw8 said:
You may not need to be trade to order, but Hafele now have a strict £50 minimum order amount on pro-forma accounts. If the order amount is less than £50 (even if it's £1), you would have to pay the £50 to have the order sent. If you doubt that, ring them on 01788 542020 for confirmation.

That's why, in the above circumstances, recommending a retailer seemed the best option.

Ray.

It gets worse - the £50 is ex delivery and VAT putting the true cost of a minimum order nearer £70. Phoning them's a good idea though since they're usually quite amenable to putting you on to a local stockist - haven't tried this as a non-account holder though.

Mark

Try emailing or phoning Isaac Lord. They supply all hafele goods and there is no minimum order, although their p&p is quite expensive. We have a proper account with Hafele and still couldnt get them to send an order out that was £48+VAT the other week.

Isaac lords will order in and supply any hafele fitting for you.

I recently wanted a couple of items and they were only a few pounds (£4.64 to be precise) and they got them for me no trouble at all. £3.50 P+P was also charged which I thought was reasonable for such a small order.

Gav

Back