beading tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob Lee":5ddbyv7z said:
I'm not sure we've decided on which, or how many, blades will be included....

Cheers -

Rob

Well at least this many please. :lol:
preston_beader.jpg

Ps... I think this thread may rumble on until December :lol: So you better get it on sale earlier Rob or you won't get any peace :lol:

Nice to hear Robin. About the price just make that it makes up for the raw materials cost, the maching, labour and design costs in the normal LV / Veritas / Utilitas way.

Paul Kierstead":cac2z2u4 said:
Ahh, so still scraping based.

Scrapers are the only kind of cutters that allows the tool to be used push and pull, and left and right. Being able to reverse the tool allows the easy creation of some centred or symmetric moulding effects that are other wise very difficult. It also means custom cutters are very easy to make.

http://www.geocities.com/plybench/scratch.html

BugBear

Oh yes, scratch stock is a great way to create small mouldings (hence why I own both the LV and LN holders, as well have made my own a couple of times), but I am looking for new beading planes for long runs. Had my hopes up for a moment, but then the new LV sounds like it might be a great improvement over my currently "holding solutions", so it will still be worth a very close look (and probably purchase). As I said above, I am kind of a beading junkie.

Paul Kierstead":26vj14bj said:
I am looking for new beading planes for long runs. ... As I said above, I am kind of a beading junkie.

Ah, right. For doing a lot of ... anything, a "proper" cutting action is desirable.

BugBear

Latest posts

Back