Bathroom stuff....finally finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I began a complete bathroom re-furbish last year, but had to stop some time ago because 'we' thought it would be a good idea to decorate a couple of bedrooms as well, at the same time. The final part of the bathroom has just been completed this pm. First pic is in the 'shop after the band cramps had been taken off. The substrate is 18mm marine ply lipped all round and then veneered with teak, construction is biscuited. The top cabinet is for the normal bathroom bits and pieces, lower cupboard for cleaning stuff etc. The big space in the middle is for a couple of orchids that I'm trying unsucessfully to make flower again, tho' I've had to bin one as it died on me.

tank002.jpg

Second pic is the unit shown in situ after having lugged it up the stairs and screwed it to the wall - Rob

tank003.jpg

woodbloke":1q4x8yaq said:
I began a complete bathroom re-furbish last year, but had to stop some time ago because 'we' thought it would be a good idea to decorate a couple of bedrooms as well, at the same time.

Sounds strangely familiar.

Nice cabinet.

Nice cabinet, well done =D> .
Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your orchid.

cheers

George

Very nice.

My father has dabbled with orchids over the years and it seems they can be quite fickle. Once you've found the right spot and providing you can keep the conditions (watering, humidity, light etc) constant the flowers can be stunning.

Andy

Hi Andy -
right spot and providing you can keep the conditions (watering, humidity, light etc) constant the flowers can be stunning.

We were told that bathrooms are very good places to keep orchids owing to the humidity, and I've got this one on a tray of water to increase the local humidity around the plant. The white pots are special orchid pots that allow water to drain off the plant and I feed about once a month with orchid food. To date, I've grown some leaves but no sign of any new flower buds, which is a bit disappointing - Rob

Back