Bathroom cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beech Boy

Reaction score
view
[/url][/img]
Hi to my fellow woodworkers,
This my first post and following Rknott's posting of his bathroom cabinet last week I thought I should have a go and show you my effort.
I have recently refurbished my shower room and in an attempt to create more space I have constructed a cupboard with wash basin attached above a 320mm high bulkhead that is over the stairs below. You cant see this in the picture as it was impossible to get further back with the camera.
Both parts are constructed with18mm blockboard joined using biscuits and with a 6mm ply back let into a rebate.
The worktop is made from two large white tiles with aluminium trim as a nosing.
My wife wanted it to be shiny white like those kitchen cupboards in B&Q! so I made the doors from 18mm MDF and formed false panels by routing a moulded groove, it was the first time I had tried that. The bottom door was made to look as though it is a pair to get the balance right but in fact it hinges down to get better access as you cant actually stand in front of that part as the shower screen is there and that is the reason the top cupboard faces the way it does. The top cupboard is fitted with five toughened glass shelves on clear plastic pegs. I didnt want to have to spray the white finish so I ended up giving it three undercoats and to get the best finish I could I used garage door paint which said on the tin is a brilliant gloss with a ten year guarantee. I have not been disapointed and what is more important neither has my dearest.

Hi Beech Boy,

Welcome to the forum. :D

Your picture has been blocked by our spam trap, it will stop doing this when you have a few more posts to your name.
Here it is:

Your on to a good one if SWMBO likes what you have done =D> best praise there is.

Latest posts

Back