Basato Set-Up Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vassili

Reaction score
I have a new but only partly assembled Basato 1, and would be very grateful for some advice from anyone who's successfully set one up. The table set-up I've managed. But I need to know how I assemble the saw tensioner and the side corrector into a neutral position before I insert the blade. Also, a silly question. Do you have to remove the longitude limit stop whenever you change a blade?

Alas I an't offer you any advice on your setup, I'd be very keen to hear how you get on though.... I've had my eye on just that bandsaw :D .

Hi,

The knob on top controls the tension, turn it which ever way makes the top pulley go down.

the knob on the back ( behind top pulley ) controls the pitch of the top pulley, this is to align the blade in the center of the pulley. once blade is in, spin it by hand, adjust this knob until the blade sits in the middle of the pulley.

not sure what you mean by side corrector, can you post a pic ?

if you dont have the instructions, i can take pics and send them to you ?

to change the blade, you only need to undo the rail that the fence runs along, which then swings out of the way.

Back