Barry Burgess - RIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like many here, I only knew Barry through his posts. Always worth reading, and he came across as a really good guy. Very sad!

I have had several interesting conversations with Barry on his cyclone endeavours and am totally taken aback to hear this terrible news.

Many condolences to his family on this most unhappy event and I hope them all well.

BrianD

such sudden and sad news, we were just trading pms a few weeks ago about his possible cnc build.
my thoughts go to his loved ones

I

Wow, that is a shocker! I've long been a fan of Barry's although we never met. He inspired me to do the current dustex upgrade i'm working on in the workshop. He will be sadly missed.

God must have need of a good man with cyclones!

Dennis

Sad news indeed. Thoughts are with his family.

Adam

Here are the overnight responses from the Triton Forum in Australia:

That is terrible news. Barry was a good contributer to these forums and he has exchanged many emails with me, particularly when we were discussing Triton equipment. I'm sure all on the Forums will miss Barry's valuable input, more particularly, those who are regulars in the Triton section where Barry spent most of his time. It's always nice to have members from other countries but the distance makes it harder to express our sympathy to Barry's family. Could you please pass on our sincere condolences to Barry's family and let them know he was held in high regard on here. This is a sad day. He will be missed. (Gumby)

Thanks Barry for your contributions and e-mails. Condolences for your family. Steve (TritonJapan)

Barry will be sorely missed. Shocked to hear the news. Barry - at least they use Triton in heaven mate. You can teach 'em a thing or two! (Stuart)

Indeed sad news. Barry and I have exchanged several PMs as we hail from the same country originally. He will be missed. Hope Ray can pass on our sincerest heartfelt condolences to his family. Regards Les (lesmeyer)

Very sad news. (Wongo)

Very sorry to hear the news, condolences to his family and friends. (routermaniac)

What can one say. I met Barry at the bash and found him to be a very friendly guy, and willing to share. I am sure he is going to be missed by a lot of people, including myself.

God bless you Barry.
Condolences to the family.
Thank you for letting us know Paul.

Very sad to here news like this but thanks for letting us know Paul.
My condolences to all his family. He will be missed on this forum.

Like many others, I only knew Barry through his posts, but even so it is still very sad news.
Paul, please pass on my condolences, together with all the many others already expressed, to Barry's family.

Steve

How terribly sad. Although I never met Barry, we chatted via PM'd when I sent him some shopnotes articles he was looking for. Without a doubt he was one of the characters that makes this forum so good. I will miss his contributions as I am sure many others will to.

My condolences and deepest sympathies to his family.

Ed

A friend that will be sadly missed . Rest in peace Barry mate .
Jason .

Back