Barry Burgess - RIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer one

Established Member
Reaction score
not sure if this is the right place, but a couple of hours ago the daughter of barry,our resident cyclone man phoned me and told me that he had died
whilst on holiday in france during last week.

for those who like me knew him personally, it is a shock that such a fit man should die of a heart attack, when i who am not a fitness fanatic seem so far to have survived my heart problems. they do say though that often it is the fittest who have the least chance of surviving the attack.

anyway i said i would post, and would ask any foreigners who met barry through their forums, particularly in america and australia to let them know too.

as those who met him will remember, barry was a larger than life character who was full of energy, so his passing is particularly difficult.

i will post details of the funeral arrangements when i know them.

i guess the only thing to remember is that death solves all problems, and diminishes your worries.

paul :cry:

I'm speechless. My thoughts go out to his family. Barry where ever you are mate, god bless.

Paul thank you for letting us know.

Mike

That is so sad and a real shock. I last met Barry at the recent D&M show at Kempton Park and, as you say, he always looked so fit and healthy.

My thoughts are with his family.

Paul

Thats tragic. I never met Barry but enjoyed his posts. My condolences to his family and may his soul rest in peace.

Ike

Hi Paul

Whilst I never met Barry I enjoyed a number of interesting telephone conversations that we had on matters diverse and divergent, although it was his accent that most threw me in the beginning! I enjoyed and was educated by his input on matters such as the cyclone and for that matter many other things. I'm sure that I'm not alone in feeling that Barry will be sadly missed here on the forum.

Scrit

Oh gosh, what an awful shock for everyone - best to his family, Paul. Only met him once at the Big Bash but he was an enthusiastic bloke - he'll be missed.

Alf

What a terrible shock. I never met him, but corresponded with him a couple times on this site. Admired his way of doing things--thinking 'outside the box.'

My deepest condolences to his family and all who knew him personally.

Brad

deeply shocked, my thoughts are with his family.

How dreadful. He will be missed by all who knew him. My condolences to his family.

Gill

Hi

I never met Barry, but enjoyed his posts. My deepest sympathies go to his family and friends.

Regards
Norman

I cant belive it only the week before Christmas I was in his workshop testing a chip collector he had made for me without charge, he even gave me the tubing to connect to my machine,
This came about after traveling to the D&M show with him and saying that was what I was looking for,

In his workshop we were joking about his recent windfall of hardwood and what he would make with it.

It was a privilege to have known such a kind and generous person

I shall miss Barrys dulcet tone on the phone but I will always remember him every time I use the chip collector

My sympathies go out to his wife and family

Nigel

Like Alf, I only met Barry once at Philly's Big Bash where I found him to be a lovely chap. I am so sorry to hear this news,
My deepest condolences to his family and all who knew him personally.
Martin

How very sad.
I didnt know Barry but like so many others enjoyed his posts and enthusiasm. He will be missed on the forum.
Deepest sympathies to his family.
beejay

Back