Barry Burgess - RIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's just unbelievable. He was so looking forward to going to France, you just never know what's around the corner I guess. I'll sure miss the mad pipper.

I've passed on the sad news to the Triton Forum in Australia, where Barry was quite a frequent contributor also.

Ray.

What a terrible thing to happen. I too only met him at the Big Bash, and he seemed a nice guy. Don't know what else to say.

I never met Barry, but read his posts especially so with his knowledge of cyclones. May I add my deepest sympathies to his family. Another star shines in heaven tonight.

I don't know what to say, I'm shocked.

Like Scrit I never met Barry but we exchanged mail & sent each other photo's of various workshop machines & projects etc.

May your God be with you Barry.

Paul, please pass on my condolences along with the others.

During the week leading up to Christmas I had several communications with Barry regarding a new Project he was embarking on associated with Lathes and was looking forward to his take on the problems encountered.

Thank goodness I have had a good wood day today with visiting friends, it helps absorb such sad news a little but is still difficult to take in.

Thanks for letting us know, Paul. I really enjoyed meeting Barry at the Big Bash and seeing his enthusiasm, not just for cyclones. I am as shocked and saddened as everyone else. My condolences to his family and friends.

Stewart

I like some have never met Barry but I know he will be missed here on the forum.

Please give my condolences to his family

I to am totally shocked, whilst having never met the man, I enjoyed his posts and the information he would freely give

My condolences go out to his family and friends

Terrible news. While I also never met Barry we exchanged a PM or two. He even kindly sent me his phone number for any other questions I might have. You'll be missed Barry.
Rest In Peace.
Neil

Oh my God, what terrible news, I am very shocked. :cry: :cry:

I did meet Barry at the Big Bash last year, he was charming, funny, and knowledgible, and not only that he was, as people have said, generous.

I merely mentioned that I hadn't seen a copy of a new American Woodie magazine he had with him and he immediately offered to send me a DVD with all the back issues which duly arrived in the post a few days latter.

IIRC Barry's 'day job' was one which has a high 'stress level' - sadly that may have contributed to his untimely death.

I'm sorry, I really can't take it all in, he was much younger than me. My sincere condolances to his familly. :cry: :cry:

Happy woodworking in heaven Barry.

That is so tragic. Like others I read his posts with interest and talked with him on quite a few occasions but never met him sadly.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Barry...you'll be missed.

Shocked, never met him, but he seemed a real livewire with loads of enthusiasm for life and his projects. A loss to the forums, as well as his family and friends.

I'm also shocked. My thoughts go out to his family.

Paul, thank you for letting us know.

Oh, that is sad. I enjoyed his posts and knew nothing about him outside them, but I still feel sad. My best wishes to all the family and friends.

SF

i'm just shocked by this sad news, like others i met barry at phillys bash. Life just aint fair

Back