Bargain by unfortunate mistake.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Bray

Established Member
Reaction score
As I have been unhappy with the chuck on my smaller Ryobi Cordless Drill, I looked to purchase a replacement that had a better holding capability as the one supplied was always coming undone.

After looking around ebay and Amazon I worked out that it was going to be better to take the chuck off my bigger Ryobi cordless drill and put that on the smaller drill and then get a suitable replacement chuck for the bigger one. I sourced a suitable Dewalt chuck for a reasonable price on ebay (£10) and ordered it, but I decided to keep looking. I really fancied a Rohm Chuck, but at circa £50 for the size and thread I needed did not want to pay that.

So, whilst looking through Amazon I found the chuck I wanted at the lowest price of a very reasonable £49.27. This one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rohm-871049-Sup ... rohm+chuck but, wait, what do I see at the foot of the page, available New from £4.96.

I clicked on the link and it took me to the page where it was offered for £4.96 and it was also available via prime (which I am a member). I pressed the button and purchased it fully expecting either an email informing me that it was the wrong price by a factor of 10x and that the order was cancelled or that I would receive a copy item bearing no relation to the Rohm version listed.

Well, its arrived and it is the exact Rohm model that it was advertised as.

So, I can only conclude that it was a decimal point error that inadvertently led to my good fortune.

Now, my £70 quid Ryobi drill has a £50 chuck on it. and my smaller Ryobi Cordless Drill now has a better holding 13mm chuck on it instead of the rubbish 10mm chuck it was supplied with. And I even have a Dewalt Chuck as a backup too!

Win win =D>

That would have put a smile on your face for the day. Amazon have had a few wee glitches like that recently, just your luck if you happen on one.

Shug

Back