Banggood / Drillpro Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the silver version of that gauge. Did you order it from china? Did you get hit with any additional charges when importing it - if so how much?

Brass handled one arrived today for me. From China. No additional duty or issues. Looks very good quality, looking forward to trying it out at the weekend.

I learned a lesson about ordering from ali the other day.

It wasn't expensive, but if you use ALIPAY, which I did, it was supposed to be charged to my credit card, which it was, but as a "cash advance" which incurred a service charge, and then interest charges

An inquirty about this to my credit card (visa) ended with the charges reversed and their observation that they had had a lot of complaints about this

Beware.

Eric

Only one experience of buying from Banggood - a 45 degree router bit that wasn't.

I don't think the import and VAT situation has changed when buying from China or other non EU countries.

I've just bought a scanner that's shipping from the Netherlands, I was charged tax on checkout but I am worried about other fees once UPS try to deliver.

The VAT situation has changed worldwide. Any and every seller in the world is expected by the UK government to register for UK vat. Hence many sources will dry up in the coming months.

I've bought a few bit from banggood including some of the [200mm and 400mm T-Rulers] which look really nice, I've not had chance to use them in anger yet. Delivery was fairly quick and I didn't pay any customs fees.

I've just ordered about £300 of woodworking bits from them in one of their flash sales so it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the parts that are coming from CN....

I've found Banggood to be pretty reasonable on delivery and great on price. Only one delay on delivery outside the 2 week window so far (and known at time of order), and the savings are very healthy......I believe the items below to be identical, and even allowing for shipping, duty and VAT to locally stock, that's a healthy saving. The trade off will always be how quickly you need an item, to price.

UK Promoted.....
View attachment 103069

Banggood Sale.....
View attachment 103070

I ordered one of these from bangood and it didnt turn up, hermes lost it. I paid £17 for it, but I just want to point out that they can be purchased from ebay uk sellers, for example (i dont know if this is the best price, just the first that came up when searching): Table Saw Slot Adjuster Mortise & Tenon Tool Woodworking Tenon Maker UK | eBay

It's worth checking sellers that claim to be UK sellers, that particular one is actually based in Hong Kong, that said, items shipped by airmail from HK can be delivered within 3 days if not lost by UK delivery firms.

Screenshot_20210209-145825.png

When buying from aliexpress, I always try and break orders into separate purchases, even from same seller, never had a customs charge, but did it once for multiple items from one seller on one order about £140 quid, and got hit with customs handling charges, which I had to pay at postal sorting office before it would be delivered. Point is I ordered the same items separately, at a later date and never got a charge, so split up items if you can.

The import duty and vat situation changes on January 1st. All items over 35quid well get vat added. Maybe even duty as well

I traditionally haven't gone to places like this for my tool needs, preferring to use my local dealer. However I am not anti Chinese tools (have quite a lot of Bridge City) that get used regularly and look / feel wonderful. If anyone has tried to buy LN or Woodpeckers tools recently they will know the issues (with secondhand prices exceeding old new prices in many cases noways). My local dealer reported being cleared out of LN stock by people reselling on Ebay at profit. Anyway I digress, I needed a few tools and as regular watcher of Youtubers HOW and BBB, I decided to put my toe in the Banggood pool last November. I ordered quite a selection and they were delivered over a two month period bit by bit. All went without hitch, but the delays were not down to transport but more by lack of stock. There were multiple deliveries from the same supplier as stock became available. To give Banggood their credit, they do keep you informed and I have been pleased with the majority of my purchases. As a marketplace, it does seem to work but their pricing policy, stock availability and accurate searching of their site remains a complete mystery to me!! I would return to buy more however given my experience.

Bit like Nic, I would rather spend my money with local vendors, I'd rather not be buying stuff from China if I can help it.

That said I relented and bought a pair of the red alloy corner square and clamp combinations. I was pleasantly surprised. Delivery was 3 days as promised. The square feels strong and weighty and looks as if it will last.
The square is dead square on both the inner and outer faces, at least as measured by a veritas square that I keep as a reference. Tiny cosmetic imperfection on one of the squares... nothing more than would happen during its first or second time of use. So overall, very pleased.... which is what I expected given the good feedback I have seen on here.

trouble with banggood and ali express is you get in to the state of " oh thats looks good" and oh that looks good as well" and...............

Back