Banggood / Drillpro Tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a few bits from them and depending on where you order it from.uk takes less than a week and china took just under 3 weeks for some T track. All comes very well packaged.

very reliable but can take a while. My longest wait for an order was it got delivered over a spread of 8 weeks. That was a pain as the thing I needed most 1 bit came in the first delivery and the other in the last :dunno:

Banggood is just a market place. The quality and delivery times depend on the vendor. That said I've generally felt satisfied to very pleased with the goods given how little I've paid for them.

bought my 3d printer from there, it was the cheapest place at the time. Came in about 3 days.
I made sure to check for UK stock though.

Ollie

Banggood and aliexpress are not the sellers, just a single store front for many suppliers. So delivery is dependent on the seller.
I tend to use aliexpress, found it better than banggood for variety.

Recently made my first purchase (£70) on banggood. I bought an item that was stocked in both the UK and China. The identical part shipped from UK warehouse was about £10 more than the part ex China, but it was perfect and delivered in under 5 days. Only a modest subset of the products listed on banggood are available from the UK warehouses though.

I've used Banggood a few times now and only once had a quality issue with a few small cosmetic chips of coating on one item which they refunded me for (didn't want it back either). The item was still perfectly usable. Again shipping times varies based on supplier but Drillpro items are delivered fairly quickly.

Thanks for all the responses, it good to here that they can be relied upon. Discovered the option boxes on the items that sometimes allows you to source from the uk with a much quicker delivery time even if it is a little more expensive. Guess I have been spoilt with Amazon next day delivery........

I've had many more delivery issues with Amazon than I've had with Alibaba , Aliexpress or Banggood even eBay.
I don't mind having to wait for a delivery if I'm saving upto 90% on price. And before anyone slates buying from China, I recommend checking where All the major brands are actually manufactured.
I just cut out the middleman.

I've brought a number of things from them over the years, roughly one in five have an issue. It can be hard to get money back so it's better to use PayPal than to pay directly with your card. The most common issue is that it can be slow, real slow, multiple months slow. So slow you can't open a dispute with PayPal even because the time window to dispute.

HOWEVER, I've found this to only be an issue if buying from their China warehouse. Buying from their EU and UK warehouses is fine and worth the extra cost.

If you're buying stuff reviewed on Hooked on Wood, search eBay and even Amazon, loads of people bulk buy from banggood/Ali and then resell there for a very modest markup, but without shipping delays from China.

I've got drillpro mitre gauge, t track, feather boards and hold down clamps. The mitre gauge and hold down clamps I got via Amazon UK and they cost about £2 more than buying from banggood China directly

Anyone tried using them post brexit and the change that came in to effect January 1 that says there's no free allowance anymore for duty?

If I order a £10 item from China or their EU warehouses where there might be duty of 80p, but and admin charge from parcel force for £8+ too making a £10 item now cost £18.80

Or do banggood/Ali now charge vat and duties at sale, thus meaning we don't have to pay the £8+ handling charge that parcel force imposes?

Duty is payable on everything now, but at least there is still the £135 free allowance for VAT

I am also worried about ordering from China direct. The Uk based stock seems very limited so I will now take your advice and look for sales from UK based people who add a reasonable mark up. Can I ask what you search for ? By that I mean do you still search for Drill Pro items by name?

Last edited:
I've bought a few drillpro items over the last couple of months (a brass handled mitre gauge arrived this morning). Typically I've not had to wait more than 2 weeks and I've been happy with the build quality of the items considering the price paid. I have to agree with @Jos7000, I've had more issues with Amazon, but then again I make a lot more purchases from them.

I've bought a few drillpro items over the last couple of months (a brass handled mitre gauge arrived this morning). Typically I've not had to wait more than 2 weeks and I've been happy with the build quality of the items considering the price paid. I have to agree with @Jos7000, I've had more issues with Amazon, but then again I make a lot more purchases from them.

I have the silver version of that gauge. Did you order it from china? Did you get hit with any additional charges when importing it - if so how much?

I am also worried about ordering from China direct. The Uk based stock seems very limited so I will now take your advice and look for sales from UK based people who add a reasonable mark up. Can I ask what you search for ? By that I mean do you still search for Drill Pro items by name?

The UK stock is running lean, ive been watching it since november, but with brexit and covid who knows eh :dunno:

What am I searching for? It depends what you are after.

What thing are you looking for?

These are the things I purchased recently. Some are not out of stock or price increased, but if you go to the page youll see amazon makes some alternative suggestions - that should get you started. Youll see notice that the brand isn't mentioned in the title, but the picture certainly shows it

drillpro silver miter gauge: paid £77, 3 days delivery
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0875ZSL3C/
new hold downs, paid £11 each, next day delivery
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07GQN3Q3M
featherboards: paid £17 next day delivery
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MVWZ6J1

I've found Banggood to be pretty reasonable on delivery and great on price. Only one delay on delivery outside the 2 week window so far (and known at time of order), and the savings are very healthy......I believe the items below to be identical, and even allowing for shipping, duty and VAT to locally stock, that's a healthy saving. The trade off will always be how quickly you need an item, to price.

UK Promoted.....
Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 11.24.44.png

Banggood Sale.....
Screenshot 2021-02-08 at 11.26.09.png

I've only ordered things from Aliexpress since 1/1/21 and I can confirm you pay vat at checkout. I have only ever received items from China delivered mainly by Royal Mail and occasionally by Hermes, neither of which so far have asked me for money and if they do I'll likely tell them to keep whatever it is. Customs charges as far as I'm concerned will only apply to everything you order from the EU, afterall we've never been in a free market with the rest of the world.
Incidentally I checked the government website and they've apparently scrapped the under £135 duty free policy. You have to read multiple pages to see that though as they've just added to the details, not rewritten them.
Expect limitations on companies willing to ship from the EU as it costs them so much to now do so.
I like ordering direct from China as it's mostly free postage and I love a bargain. I buy my mobile phones from China and four years ago one developed a fault five months after purchase, granted I had to pay to return it (roughly £20) but they sent me a replacement. I just think people are a bit spoilt and want everything instantly. Personally I enjoy the surprise when things arrive, as I order multiple things and they arrive after I've forgotten that I ordered them.

Back