Bandsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexi

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anybody made the Mattias Wandel bandsaws. The plans can be bought from his Woodgears site. I mean they look pants but seem to work!

What is your aim?

If you want a project, go for it. If you want a cheap bandsaw then I would look at the used market, particularly if you factor in your time.

He’s one of those guys who has an amazing mechanical ability that I’m not convinced they recognise is not common sense. Colin Furze is another one. Buying the plans is one thing, being able to build it and fettle it to make it perform is another.

I have one of the cheap Elu Italian bandsaws. They are rubbish but whizz through plywood ok. The step up from my saw is spendy. I don't mind a project as that is all I do. Just wondering if anyone here has built and used any Mattias saw. He cuts heavy stock that looks useful as I always have to resort to other methods to get real wood broken down. I am thinking of selling the cheap Elu and a De Walt flip saw and put towards a project.

Back