bandsaw problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnluc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
i have a CML PROFFESIONAL PS 600 bandsaw my problem is i cannot keep a straight cut without the blades wandering off line, if i tension blades too much they come off any ideas would be more than welcome
johnluc.

A few things.

If increasing tension make the blade come off then maybe the tracking is not right?

Once a blade has been used for curved work, it rarely cuts as well in a straight line.

Back-off all the guides and get the blade tracking reliably. Then advance the guides to support the blade not to try and make it deviate off it natural track.

Don't forget all blades have different natural cutting line and this is not necessarily parallel to the fence.

For all you want to know about bandsaws get a copy of Steve Maskery's DVD

If none of that works then try a new blade from a quality source. Not sure who that would be in France but for a modest increase in postage I can heartily recommend blades from Ian John at TUFF Saws in UK.

[email protected]

Good Luck

Bob

johnluc":174a2cv1 said:
Hi all
i have a CML PROFFESIONAL PS 600 bandsaw my problem is i cannot keep a straight cut without the blades wandering off line, if i tension blades too much they come off any ideas would be more than welcome
johnluc.

Get a good blade and a band saw book , the books are great and alleviate all your problems , well it did for me :p

Don't forget to look at the condition of the tires, ones in bad condition often "help" the blade work its way of.

JH

Latest posts

Back