Bandsaw Help Needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassbear81

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an Axminster BS350, but Im having trouble setting the tracking up. Ive got a straight edge pushed against the 2 rims on the bottom pulley but its a good 5mm out on both top rims, when I adjust the tracking I can get the bottom rim of the top pulley to sit against the straight edge but the top is atleast 15mm away.

Its as if the top pulley needs to come out further, but lookinh at the exploded diagram in the instructions there doesnt seem to be anywhere for a spacer.

This is the first time I have done this so I might be doing it all wrong.

Please help

Perhaps it's the lower wheel that has to be moved in - if it has the adjustment. I'm fairly certain that on my cheap Perform the manual (or the Elektra Beckum manual) states that the lower wheel is not adjustable. It clearly is because I adjusted it and got it to run co-planar.

It's usually the bottom wheel that can be moved in and out. If your machine has four bolts, you can adjust the tracking of the bottom wheel witht he N-S pair, but leave the E-W pair as they are, otherwise the machine will shrug the blade off.

Cheers
Steve

Get Steve's DVD's - very simple after that! In all seriousness I'd never got to grips with the Bandsaw before watching Steve's stuff on setting it up and then it all made a lot more sense. Just needed to keep popping back in from the garage to re-watch due to rubbish memory :)

Miles

I will take a look at the bottom wheel later, does anyone know why the spokes on the wheels are numbered?

Steve Maskery":11wjxzxv said:
It's usually the bottom wheel that can be moved in and out. If your machine has four bolts, you can adjust the tracking of the bottom wheel witht he N-S pair, but leave the E-W pair as they are, otherwise the machine will shrug the blade off.

Cheers
Steve

Checked the bottom pulley but its only got 3 bolts

My Axi Bandsaw only has three bolts on the lower wheel carrier but it is adjustable, just can't recall which does what. I think I used trial and error, counting the number of flats for reference, the first time I adjusted it.

OK
If there are only three, I shall assume that they are in a Y formation. The tracking will be adjusted by slackening or tightening the bottom bolt. If you need to tighten it, you may need to slacken off the top two, but do so by the same amount on each.
If you have to tighten the top two, again, do each one by the same amount.
S

Same as mine. 3 adjustable bolts. You can move the whole wheel in or out, if necessary. It took me a couple of hours of adjusting to get mine coplanar. I put that down to lack of experience. Not had to adjust it since, so it's time well spent.

Latest posts

Back