bandsaw buying suggestion

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex8_en

Established Member
Reaction score
hi i am buying my first bandsaw and i'm in a bit of dilemma, for the same amount of money i can get a new scheppach basato 4 or second hand EB bas 600, which would be better? or any other suggestions for up to 700-800 euro

thanks

I am just about to order a Jet jws-18q for approx £1199.00

Read really good things about the Jet saws & they do smaller ones at your price range. Have a look at Axminster power tools.

Woodguy

thanks woodguy7,
only reason i didnt consider jet even though i heard good reviews is because i'm in ireland which brings two problems shipping and customer care but ill ring them tomorrow and see how much would delivery be, should i also consider sawing a bit more money and going for a biggrt machine would like to ideally cut 200mm high

thanks

Alex for 800 euro you can get a new Record 400 on this little landmass:)

I went to look at a wide range of them yesterday and the Record just seems much sturdier than the Scheppach.

I have Scheppach gear so am not knocking the name.
The other thing I dont like about it is that the 2 doors are opened together so u open the top door and the bottom one bangs your knee:)

Pls pm me with any details you have picked up re where they might be bought in Northern ireland
Thanks

Hi Alex,

If you go on to Record Power web site you will find details of all of their stockists in Ireland. Also Bs350 would give you 200mm + height of cut, and including the wheel kit retails at 650 euros and with 5 years guarantee on all of their products you should be safe enough.

Regards,
Sasha

sasa":374rtfpb said:
Hi Alex,

If you go on to Record Power web site you will find details of all of their stockists in Ireland. Also Bs350 would give you 200mm + height of cut, and including the wheel kit retails at 650 euros and with 5 years guarantee on all of their products you should be safe enough.

Regards,
Sasha

I agree 100%, I am after 1 inch capacity hence the 400: plus it is 2hp and the first one with the full length stand, however the 350 is still a fine machine

I have been very impressed and pleased with my Basato 4 - seemed better made and more solid than the Record "equivalent". Easy and accurate to use ... nice tool.

Back