Bandsaw blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRIAN L

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi to all
I need to cut some corion on the bandsaw (this is the only machine I have). The question is as I need to cut quite a bit and I want the bandsaw baldes to last, should I use course or fine blades?
Brian

Just a comment on tuff saws. I used them for the first time the other week and found their service and support to be excellent!

I won't be buying blades anywhere else.

BRIAN L":3hvd7gei said:
Hi to all
I need to cut some corion on the bandsaw (this is the only machine I have). The question is as I need to cut quite a bit and I want the bandsaw baldes to last, should I use course or fine blades?
Brian

probably the wrong question in the first place - as suggested "speak to Ian!"

his m42 blades are the bandsaw blade equivalent to a Duracell bunny...... =D>

Another endorsement for Tuffsaws. I bought an M42 blade so I could cut some steel on my bandsaw after a discussion with Ian. Cuts beautifully, wish they did a 6 - 10 tpi version. Am about to place another order.

Regards,

mikec

mikec":3szt9g4h said:
Another endorsement for Tuffsaws. I bought an M42 blade so I could cut some steel on my bandsaw after a discussion with Ian. Cuts beautifully, wish they did a 6 - 10 tpi version. Am about to place another order.

Regards,

mikec

well they definitely had a 6-10 m42 1/2" blade - 'cos that's my general purpose one!

M42 6-10 tpi on its way.

Prices are good and if its the same quality as the 10-14tpi M42 then superb value for money. I have cut loads of small pieces for pen blanks as well as mild steel up to 1" dia at low speed. The teeth on the blade still feel as sharp as when I put it on.

Regards,

mikec

Back