Bandsaw blades.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Willis.

Established Member
Reaction score
I note in the magazine, British Woodworking (latest No. 13) that David Oakes is extolling the Axcaliber Blades from Axminster, I must back him up in this, I have for a few years used nothing else but these, specifically, the 3 skip t.p.i. blade.
When blades are mentioned on UKW forum they seem to poo poo my comments on these, but they are superb, and I find them much superior to the custom made blades. They last and last, they cut veneers , they rip and croscut perfectly and accurately, in all the years I have been using a bandsaw and hunting around for the most suitable blade I think that I have found it in this. Quite a few years ago, I was buying a similar blade from Isaac Lord, sold as their named brand, which was as good as these, but I find that I do not visit their shop very often now.
Derek.

Derek Willis.":2ihfh303 said:
I note in the magazine, British Woodworking (latest No. 13) that David Oakes is extolling the Axcaliber Blades from Axminster......... They last and last......
Derek.

The set that came with my Bandsaw cut very well but, they didn't stay sharp for very long. Not a huge problem on the coarser blades as they are fairly easy to sharpen. Still good value I think compared to some other blades.

I think that Axminster blades used to get justifiable criticism however maybe they have taken notice and are making their own blades in UK under the Axcaliber brand.

One up to Axminster for taking notice of customer comments.

Bob

Morning all, having lurked around this site for a year or two,I have finally decided to join.
I have recently used Axcaliber blades,3/16 x 17 tpi and cut 6 mm brass. quite tight curves and got a good result. I also think that Axminster has listened to the customers

Latest posts

Back