Bahco ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren242

Established Member
Reaction score
just been looking on ebay and found an 8 piece set of bahco chisels, can anyone tell me are bahco a known brand, are they any good ? just i havent heard of them before although axminster site says they pretty good.

Thanks anyone

Hi Darren,
As far as i know Bacho are the older sandvik brand renamed, and are quite good quality, hard point handsaws are very popular with the throw away brigade.

darren242":yvbizuao said:
just been looking on ebay and found an 8 piece set of bahco chisels, can anyone tell me are bahco a known brand, are they any good ? just i havent heard of them before although axminster site says they pretty good.

Thanks anyone

I've got a set of these Darren
XMSCHISEL8.jpg

For the price they are excellent, I've only honed mine three times in nearly three years, if you get a set emery off the edges down the sides of the blades they are as sharp as razors, I learned the hard way. :oops:

thanks your lordship, thats the set i've been looking at, think i'll get meself on ebay when the mrs goes to bed lol

Bahco - Their spanners are very good quality. No reason to doubt their chisels are of anything but good quality Swedish steel either.

Ike

Bahco, their adjustable spanners are The Best, they invented them, I have used mine for about 20 years, for everything from throwing at cupboards in frustration to doing brain surgery. Dont buy an adjustable spanner, buy a Bahco.

Chunko'.

chunkolini":3okozdmi said:
Bahco, their adjustable spanners are The Best, they invented them, I have used mine for about 20 years, for everything from throwing at cupboards in frustration to doing brain surgery. Dont buy an adjustable spanner, buy a Bahco.

Chunko'.

Funny you should mention their adjustable wrenches as I've had one since I was about 4 or 5. My Father bought it for my Mechano (sp?) set because I spread the jaws of the stamped wrenches that came with the sets. It's 4" long and has served me well ever since (almost 50 years).

Most people here call adjustable wrenches, Crescent wrenches after the American company that sells them here. I prefer the name that a Newfoundlander that I worked with called them. "Tumm wrench. Cause you opens and closes it wit yer tumm!" :D

well thanks all for your comments on the bahco brand, i've bought the 8 chisel set and it turned up this afternoon, havent used them as yet but they certainly look and feel good, have already checked the sides of them though and agree with lord that i need to emery them before use.

Thanks again :)

At £50 a set they don't look too bad. Let us know how you get on with then after the backs are flattened and polished and the bevels honed.

I have a set of these which I've had for a while now. They do sharpen well. The only problem I have found with them is that they are fully polished all round and hence a bit rounded in places.

Are they still selling these with all the surfaces polished its hard to tell from the picture?

Mark

bahco make one of the best tools ever i don't leave home on a job with out mine (centre one)

SAN625_xl.jpg

from removing paint to grass off the under side of the mower you cant beat them

andy

dexteria":27zjuwm2 said:
I have a set of these which I've had for a while now. They do sharpen well. The only problem I have found with them is that they are fully polished all round and hence a bit rounded in places.

Are they still selling these with all the surfaces polished its hard to tell from the picture?

Mark

Mark are yours 434's ? I think they are polished, very highly polished. The 424's are just machined. I'm not to sure which type 424 or 434 but I do know do make one type very highly polished

This Amazon add shows both but the cheapest for a set is at Buck & Ryan

yep 434s and very shiny 8) although they do have ornage handles not grey as shown in the pics on Amazon. Strange.

Mark

Back