• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bahco square

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I like the brand, I've got an adjustable spanner from Bahco and its great. The marks on my square are starting to wear out so this looks like a good buy. Cheers

I had a poor experience of these; returned a 12” twice, to get a truly square one… the 3rd was still slightly off. It was ok for making form work

I have the 12" version. At first it was fine but now the screw seizes tight. I don't know what changed to cause that.

I used to wonder why people raved about the Bahco combi squares as I had one and it didn't last long.

On my original one the little threaded bit that hooks into the groove on the rule was brass and just wore out, maybe I didn't loosen it enough before sliding the rule along. I have since bought 2 of the 12" and one of the 6" (very handy) as I noticed the pin is now steel so I presume will last longer, and they all turned up nice and square. I do hate the colour though, bright orange looks so cheap, I'm a bit of a traditionalist, a proper quality combi squares should be black.

I like the brand, I've got an adjustable spanner from Bahco and its great.

I like their little 6" wide opening jaw adjustable spanner so much that I bought a second, really nice tool 👍

I had a poor experience of these; returned a 12” twice, to get a truly square one… the 3rd was still slightly off. It was ok for making form work
They're adjustable for accuracy (or they used to be anyway). As you tighten the screw the blade nestles against two raised 'lumps' at either end of the stock channel. Should the square not be true, a stroke or two of a flat needle file across the offending lump will help to correct the issue.

I got one of these after seeing a recommendation in "another place"
Better than I thought - the nut does up and undoes easily (unlike my Stanley which seizes tight) and the little scribing pin which usually gets lost within days actually screws in. A useful little tool for £7.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001OXDBG2?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Just how do Amazon manage to make up silly prices?? if you order two together it will be dearer than two singles!!!! nearly the price of three for only getting two and the price of four for three......................

i have 2 of the 150mm and 1 of the 300mm ordered via amazon in 2021 , and really impressed , I had 1 old 300mm from about 1980 , and saw these originally in a youtube video.

I have used the 150mm a lot - setting them up either the same measurement and using it at each end of a sheet etc - have been Very useful, having the 2 150mm's and good quality

Latest posts

Back