Baby Spiders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a bit random... unless you'd like to elaborate on a plan to take over the world.... or some other reason to post a bunch of baby spiders. :)

You sometimes see a ball of these in a web. A slight disturbance is enough to make the ball expand in all directions like a slow motion spider explosion, fascinating to see.
The second time I saw it I recognised what it was and got my blow-torch ready....

Jonzjob":2h1ck34z said:
Oh, poor things Mike!! Wee they cold :? do you think :? :?

Not for very long :twisted:

I fear and despise spiders. I believe them to be in league with the tigers, plotting my demise.

Well those ones are yellow and black so could be baby tigers, I have sent you some to identify :wink:

Pete

Many species grow very large – in Laos, Heteropoda maxima males attain a legspan of 250–300 mm (about 10–12 in)

They also tend to exhibit a "cling" reflex if picked up, making them difficult to shake off and much more likely to bite.

I'll not dare sleep tonight! Apparently Ireland doesn't have any snakes, is there anywhere that doesn't have spiders?

"The oldest known arachnid is the trigonotarbid Palaeotarbus jerami, from about 420 million years ago in the Silurian period"

I don't think we will be around for that long, hats off to spiders, here before and probably after us.

Pete

That reminds me, do you know the difference between crabs and lobsters??
Something to do with walking sideways? Is crab's blood blue like Lobsters?

What about this one https://www.pinterest.com/andreaandrighet/il-mio-preferito-il-granchio-del-cocco-birgus-latr/

The odd thing is that in the days when I used to breed lizards I used to have live Crickets delivered by the hundred, I also bred Locusts for a while, I would fish them out by the handful [no gloves] no bother, but if I spotted one spider among them it was battle stations until it was 'dealt with'. Illogical and on occasions embarrassing.

Irrational fears are strange things and it very many people seem to have them. I think it usually comes from one's parents who have similar fears.

I was fortunate in that my mother recognised this was very careful not to pass any on to me or my brother. She told me later in life that she was scared stiff of thunderstorms and snakes but managed to grit her teeth and cover up her fears when we were young kids.

Certainly worked as neither my brother or I have inherited any. My two boys (now in their 40's) have none that I know of.

So thanks to my mum irrational fears have disappeared from this family tree. :)

No nowt like that Mike and if it were like that it would be eye watering :shock:

The basic difference between crabs and lobsters is that lobsters don't itch :mrgreen: Not that I know from personal experience you understand :twisted: :twisted:

My Mum was shared skitless by spiders, but after moving into a Cotswold stone cottage and living there for 23 years before we moved here I accepted spiders as long as their boot size is less than a size 9!

Something that I have found is that if you walk up to an ex friend (a very new ex friend) and hold out your hand, fist closed and palm down, and ask them if they like spiders whilst offering them the contents of said hand they jump backwards. You then give them something entirely different saying that all you ever had was ???? and were just interested in their dislike of the tiny insect/whatever?

Its just alerting you to the parcel I pushed through your letter box containing lots of spiders and tigers.

:wink: :D

Pete

Back