B&Q customers ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TrimTheKing":2pjn6v3l said:
Hi Mike

As I've said on here before, recently, I am painfully aware of this as my wife is both smarter (higher IQ, and mine's pretty good..where's my trumpet...;)), better paid, more successful career etc.

I am merely her eye candy and here to fix stuff she can't be bothered dealing with ;) I know my place.

Where's that pinny, I need to get the cleaning done before she gets back from lunch with the girls :oops: :lol:

Yeah I know what you mean, and although I wouldn't go as far as to wear the pinny :lol: I have to admit I am far from the boss of the house :roll: More of an SECOND among equals.

Cheers

Mike

plymouth pirate":2vyyv9zv said:
Trim The Queen.
OMG! Now I'm by no means any kind of sexual equality campaigner but unless I am very much mistaken those two sentences are quite possibly some of the most sexist and patronising things I have ever read!!!
You're obviously a git. There is and always will be a difference. Its pratts like you that prolong the agony.

And Ironballs, I may be 67 but take the water out of Plymouth and I'll meet you anywhere for a fight :twisted:
Regards
John

Sound to me if we had better be careful, Sir Francis Drake obviously reborn.

Well I am the boss in my house I have my wife`s permission to say so too.
On the paint thing,Most American women do a better job painting then do guys,because we just want the job done,they have to have their clothes clean when they finished.Me I have as much paint on me as the wall does.Hate the paint business,probably why I buy paint that says guaranteed 10 years,hey honey its only been 8 years,it can not be time to paint again already?

studders":3orirvda said:
Sure you didn't mean Charlie Drake?

(Yes I realise that shows my high year tally) :?

Seriously, Charlie was employed by my father, he was a Polish refuge, and I recall he could not speak English, the telephone would ring from a customer and he would pick up the receiver and retell the request to my father, he would then be told what to reply which often included some expletives, which I also did not understand either.
The female customers I recall giggled or made complaints to our customer service department. :)

Seriously, Charlie was employed by my father, he was a Polish refuge, and I recall he could not speak English

Who was Polish, your Father? Charlie Drake was English according to his wikipedia entry. Either I am totally confused or you are making stuff up again DW!

Steve

If he was a Polish refuge he was probably a Warsaw air-raid shelter. They tend to be low to the ground. Or maybe a Gdansk slit trench?

cambournepete":20g2mh98 said:
Mike.C":20g2mh98 said:
I have to admit I am far from the boss of the house :roll: More of an SECOND among equals.
At least you're up to second - I think I'm around 5th (after SWMBO, son, dog and cat...
Still, the garage is my domain...

Your lucky. Just think that there are some members who are forced to have washing machines, tumble driers, and even fridge freezers in their domain, and if the truth be known, they even have to stick the washing in during their time in the workshop. On the other hand their wives do treat them well, because where we have to make do with the normal ash and oak boards, these lucky beggars are given such wonders as ironing boards :shock: :shock:

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":1ny6wb5h said:
...... they even have to stick the washing in during their time in the workshop. ........ have to make do with the normal ash and oak boards, these lucky beggars are given such wonders as ironing boards :shock: :shock:

Cheers

Mike

Class!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike.C":23nvb3x8 said:
cambournepete":23nvb3x8 said:
Mike.C":23nvb3x8 said:
I have to admit I am far from the boss of the house :roll: More of an SECOND among equals.
At least you're up to second - I think I'm around 5th (after SWMBO, son, dog and cat...

Your lucky. Just think that there are some members who are forced to have washing machines, tumble driers, and even fridge freezers in their domain, and if the truth be known, they even have to stick the washing in during their time in the workshop.

I quite like having a tumble drier in the 'shop - it means that i camn get brownie points for doing the wash withoput being asked , when what i am actually doing is heating the shop up to a liveable temperature

plus i can justify staying out their late , because i am "doing the drying" while the elictricty is on cheap rate

big soft moose":if6m41nf said:
Mike.C":if6m41nf said:
cambournepete":if6m41nf said:
Mike.C":if6m41nf said:

Your lucky. Just think that there are some members who are forced to have washing machines, tumble driers, and even fridge freezers in their domain, and if the truth be known, they even have to stick the washing in during their time in the workshop.

I quite like having a tumble drier in the 'shop - it means that i camn get brownie points for doing the wash withoput being asked , when what i am actually doing is heating the shop up to a liveable temperature

plus i can justify staying out their late , because i am "doing the drying" while the elictricty is on cheap rate

BSM is what I call a "Modern Man", or in plain terms a man who has the thoughts and imagination of a woman. This is exactly how a woman thinks, she acts like a martyr, claiming that she has spent the day doing the family washing. When in truth the machine is doing all the work, while she sits there chatting on the phone to her friends, or puts her feet up with a cup of coffee and the latest edition of "Take a Break"

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":3kbf1ent said:
she sits there chatting on the phone to her friends, or puts her feet up with a cup of coffee and the latest edition of "Take a Break"

Cheers

Mike

I aint saying nuffin. :lol: :lol:

I'm assuming Plymouth Pirate was having a bit of laugh with his call to meet in a misty field with flintlocks shortly after dawn. He's more than welcome to have a go at Huddersfield too, at the Deswbury end they've all got webbed fingers and lick windows, much worse than the webbed feet and smelling of fish you get in Plymouth :wink:

Ironballs":7dmgr8y0 said:
I'm assuming Plymouth Pirate was having a bit of laugh with his call to meet in a misty field with flintlocks shortly after dawn. He's more than welcome to have a go at Huddersfield too, at the Deswbury end they've all got webbed fingers and lick windows, much worse than the webbed feet and smelling of fish you get in Plymouth :wink:

and in plymouth they are still pointing are traffic lights and staring - whilst in some areas of uddersfield they are too busy nicking them for scrap. :D ;)

Ironballs":26wivpvy said:

Oh yes, I am certainly no hero and even more certainly don't take offence easily.

Now I'm off out for the rest of the evening to keep myself amused with a bit of traffic light viewing. :wink:

plymouth pirate":1r8oc6me said:
Ironballs":1r8oc6me said:

Oh yes, I am certainly no hero and even more certainly don't take offence easily.

Now I'm off out for the rest of the evening to keep myself amused with a bit of traffic light viewing. :wink:

If you take a pad and pencil you could note down how the different coloured lights appear. Perhaps you could even crack the code using your special Pirate treasure map skills 8)

Back