B*****ds

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But if the gym. establishment was negligent, wouldn't your insurers recover the amount of your claim from them? Would save you doing all the work and if there was negligence, when the claim is settled with the third party it would not count against your claim free record. FWIW.

(I have recently claimed for new front gates after white van man wrecked one of them. Just one 'phone call to my insurers and they are doing the rest, including recovery of the cost from the third party).

Cheers,

Trev.

Thought I'd give an update.

One week later and responses so far...seven cards and one mobile to replace...all given the nod at the same time on Fri 30 Sept. And they're under starters orders....

First past the post was Orange on Monday with a new phone 10 out of 10 Orange. :D :D :D

Next was Lloyds TSB with the new debit card..but I did have to collect it from a nominated branch on Wednesday.

Next NatWest MasterCard...both card and PIN..today Thursday

meanwhile waiting for Amex...nada, NatWest VISA...ditto, main Virgin bank account...got the card but not the PIN (they insist on changing it)...Virgin Visa..got the PIN but not the card.

plus an encouraging response to my letter to the sports centre...re compensation...meanwhile tomorrow is one week on...surely they won't be so dumb as to try again...mmmmm....maybe I might lurk somewhere with my Magnum :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Roger and jake. That London seems to be returning to Dickensonian times again. There again I heard that one in four people in London these days were not born in the UK.

As regards damages Roger if you have All risks cover on your home insurance you might get some satisfaction there (less excess of course)
Jakes visitors might find it embarrassing to make a claim on their policy though.

Just got the Virgin Visa card and called in to activate it. While on the call I enquired when I'd be getting my Visa debit PIN...only to be told that the PIN does not get sent out UNTIL I ring in to activate the debit card...yet nowhere in their literature does it say this. So no cash for another 5-6 days...maybe I should starve.

The only way of getting cash out of a Virgin account is to go to a Royal Bank of Scotland branch...which in my neck of the woods are like golddust...an hour round trip plus parking hassles. Simply unable to get to one before the weekend.

And they don't adopt the same system for the Visa card. Speechless :evil: :evil:

Sounds to me we all should have holiday insurance 12 months cover, dont they get you cash immediately.

How about Sentinel have you got your cards covered with them ?

Sentinel? I've got cards registered with another company CPP (?) but in hindsight doesn't seem to be that useful since I think that they cancel ALL your cards. I have some spare ones stashed away at my mothers (who's on holiday !) and so in the normal scheme of things could have used those. But if CPP cancel them all then it wouldn't have been much use.

Hey ho....got a call late last week to say that they (Seymour) had found my kit bag together with most of the clothes, belt etc. So that was very welcome as my faithful leather bag has been with me on many a foreign trip.

This morning I received a letter from the company offering me £500 in compensation and a six month complimentary membership...which is an excellent response from them.

All's well that ends well.

Roger

Roger,

That seems a very good offer - it's nice to see customer loyalty meaning something to them.

Cheers

Howard

Excellent news Roger, and to Seymour well done, its good to see that there are still some companies that care about customer satisfaction.

Regards

Woody

Back