Axminster ts250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clwydianrange

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello gents. I've just spent the day with my son setting up my new table saw. Just about finished when we decided to knock off for the night but I turned the machine on to have a listen to it. It's noisy, by that I mean the motor is quiet but the blade is making an awful racket. I didn't want to start messing about at this time of the day so it was hurriedly switched off till tomorrow. So the question is is this normal or do I have to do a bit of dismantling to see if the blade is catching on something.
Thanks.

Someone far more knowledgeable than I will likely be along but did you check the blade was on nice and tight?

I bought one of these myself recently and as I struggled to put it on the bench a couple of shims fell out. After checking the drawings I couldn't find them listed. A cup of tea whilst scratching my head prompted me to phone Axminster and ask what they were. A very helpful man told me they were for aligning the riving knife , could be it's one of these caught near the blade.

Clwydianrange":1uthmocq said:
I've never used a table saw before so anything could be wrong.
Thanks for the reply
Well it'd be well worth checking for sure. The manual should have enough in it about installing a new blade to help you make sure the one that's there is fitted correctly. I had a mitre saw arrive with a wobbly blade that I missed and it scared the bejeebuzz out of me hence the reply.

Latest posts

Back