• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Axminster tablesaw TS250 £200

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodwork Journey Dean

Established Member
Reaction score
My Axminster TS250 induction motor cast iron top tablesaw has been customised to make it better as it’s from a former line.

- Mitre slots have been professionally machined to accept 19mm (modern) mitre slot stuff

- Custom zero clearance depth has been deepened so you can make a chunkier zero clearance insert

- The most recent version of the fence guide rail that’s significantly longer than the one that’s standard (I made a whole cabinet so used the extra length)

- Custom fence MDF additions - but they can be removed

- Customised the fence guide to work on the more up to date rail I mentioned

- made a wooden on/off thingy

- Recently replaced the capacitor so it runs like new again

- Including a Banggood mitre gauge that’s about 80 quid these days I think

BUT THERE IS AN ISSUE:
The lift/drop bar has threaded meaning the blade won’t lift at the moment. I have fixed this before with some new threaded bar but it’s gone again, and it’s too heavy for me to lift in and out and keep fixing.

For someone who likes a bargain and can fix things this is great as it runs like a boss.

I will include the blade but I have three more (1x rip, 1x crosscut, 1x general) that I could include for an extra charge.

£225

I WOULD SWAP FOR A GOOD CONDITION MAKITA SP6000j 240v PLUNGE SAW AND AT LEAST A 1m LENGTH OF MAKITA TRACK - there are no other tools I’m interested in swapping for.

Pickup only Ashby St Mary NR14, near Norwich

IMG_9367.jpeg

IMG_9368.jpeg

IMG_9369.jpeg

Last edited:
You should keep it, I wouldn't be swapping a table saw out for a rail saw to be honest ( I did look in on you channel)

You should keep it, I wouldn't be swapping a table saw out for a rail saw to be honest ( I did look in on you channel)
I can’t keep getting it in and out to fix it, buggered spine and it’s jolly heavy!

Plus not everyone has or can afford a tablesaw (as I can’t), so it’s good for the channel to show small workshops how stuff can be done.

300 quid is a lot easier to accumulate for most people than a reasonable tablesaw IMO

I can’t keep getting it in and out to fix it, buggered spine and it’s jolly heavy!

Plus not everyone has or can afford a tablesaw (as I can’t), so it’s good for the channel to show small workshops how stuff can be done.

300 quid is a lot easier to accumulate for most people than a reasonable tablesaw IMO
You can always buy a s/h saw esp an older one.. .

Latest posts

Back