"Axminster, Tranquility Base Here, The Eagle Has Landed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright, alright, it has all been done before, but I never claimed to be original.

Anyway the nice man from Axminster bought me this little baby yesterday

DSCF0816.jpg

Sorry no not her, but this one.

2009_1212BANDSAW0014.jpg

DSCF0793-1.jpg

DSCF0813-1.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

I don't know why but I love this bit. I am never going to need to use it but it just being there is good.

DSCF0795.jpg

I have not put it together yet because I am waiting until I get get a wheeled base so that I can move it about, and installing the cast iron table will make it harder to lift onto the base.

Has anyone got a base for sale?

When I put it through it's paces I will do a review.

Cheers

Mike

head clansman":28dvr3v1 said:
hi mike

ah ha someones got a new toy to play with nice one mate , it an updated version of mine .

Has anyone got a base they do not want anymore
??? whats that all about then .hc

Hi Martin, I'm after a wheeled base to put the saw on :wink:

Thanks Pete.

Cheers

Mike

Nice...but now I'm confuzzled :? The depth of cut on your machine plate says 340mm but on the info specs it's listed as 300mm, unless I'm missing somat? - Rob

woodbloke":3ki64a6q said:
Nice...but now I'm confuzzled :? The depth of cut on your machine plate says 340mm but on the info specs it's listed as 300mm, unless I'm missing somat? - Rob

Yes Rob I noticed that, and it is going to be one of my first tests when the saw is up and running. :D

Martin, Philly or any other SWB4300/AP4300T/1 owners what does your plate say?

Because when it comes to the depth of cut 40mm or nearly 2" is a big difference.

Cheers

Mike

Congrats, Mike! Think you'll enjoy that beasty!

Mine doesn't have the plate on the back, but I can confirm its 300mm depth of cut.
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":3sotoncv said:
Congrats, Mike! Think you'll enjoy that beasty!

Mine doesn't have the plate on the back, but I can confirm its 300mm depth of cut.
Cheers
Philly :D

Thanks Philly it may very well be a misprint then :D

Cheers

Mike

hi mike

Philly beat me to it , mine don't have a plate either think it is 300mm as Philly said , unless i have missed something is it not possible to wind it up to it full height and measure the distant to the bed ? hc

Very nice, Mike. Look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

I wouldn't worry about the depth of cut too much as I imagine you're unlikely to need to cut anything quite that deep very often, anyway. :wink: It would be nice if they could get it right in the spec. though...?

OPJ":3w312xsg said:
Very nice, Mike. Look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

I wouldn't worry about the depth of cut too much as I imagine you're unlikely to need to cut anything quite that deep very often, anyway. :wink: It would be nice if they could get it right in the spec. though...?

Olly your righto on both points, but it's still nice to have that extra inch or two.

Thanks guys

Cheers

Mike

WOW! That is a monster! I see why you wanted it...I would dearly love to get one of those beasties and resaw half the neighbourhood but as the village would not thank me for the deforestation of Kent...and I am never likely to be able to afford it this side of retirement...I shall wait patiently!

So glad you received it...can hardly wait for the review.

Cheers

Jimi

Mike.C":spwi4tx5 said:
but it's still nice to have that extra inch or two.

Cheers

Mike

Bragging again Mr C. ?

PS If you're worried that I may be stalking you.........

You're right to worry.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jimi43":2vzln672 said:
WOW! That is a monster! I see why you wanted it...I would dearly love to get one of those beasties and resaw half the neighbourhood but as the village would not thank me for the deforestation of Kent...and I am never likely to be able to afford it this side of retirement...I shall wait patiently!

So glad you received it...can hardly wait for the review.

Cheers

Jimi

Thanks Jim it is big isn't it, and thanks for looking out for one at Sittingbourne. As I don't live anywhere near an Axminster outlet, it's only thanks to Martin (Headclansman) and Philly (who have virtually the same saw) that I knew what I was getting and had the confidence to spend that sort of money without seeing it first.

Studders wrote:

Mike.C wrote:
but it's still nice to have that extra inch or two.

Cheers

Mike

Bragging again Mr C. ?

PS If you're worried that I may be stalking you.........

You're right to worry.

Oo you are awful Mr S, but I will give you fair warning, come near me,

and I'll scratch your eyes out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Nice saw Mike. Looks a bit big for your workshop though. You'd be better of with something more manageable. I've got a nice BAS315 that I'll happily swap you for it :?:

:lol:

Qwibble":o9oamiyj said:
Nice saw Mike. Looks a bit big for your workshop though. You'd be better of with something more manageable. I've got a nice BAS315 that I'll happily swap you for it :?:

:lol:

I had an idea you would pop up Chad. :lol:

You EB looks very nice where it is thank you. :lol:

Cheers

Mike

hi mike

well come on mate it's time this bragging stopped , 8) so when are we going to see all those thing that you had intended to do but somehow managed to persuade the wife you couldn't do it because you didn't have the right tool , well now we know you got 2" more it time to start again , no not the wife put her down ,leave her alone, it's work time . :lol: :lol: :lol: hc . :wink:

head clansman":2gsqjuie said:
hi mike

well come on mate it's time this bragging stopped , 8) so when are we going to see all those thing that you had intended to do but somehow managed to persuade the wife you couldn't do it because you didn't have the right tool , well now we know you got 2" more it time to start again , no not the wife put her down ,leave her alone, it's work time . :lol: :lol: :lol: hc . :wink:

First off when it's set up I will need to cut some spaulted beach venners for a big inlay :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Back