• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Holzmann KAD-320 (12") planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sploo

Somewhat extinguished member
Reaction score
Selling my planer thicknesser, just north of Leeds, West Yorkshire.

a01.jpg

a02.jpg

I bought this about 6 years ago for a project that never ended up going ahead, so I hadn't finished the restoration work (which I've just finally got round to doing).

It's had a good clean, and a rebuild of the thicknessing table lifting mechanism. It's got a 3 phase motor, so I installed a 2.2kW (3hp) VFD; allowing it to run from a 13 amp socket. I also added some extensions with rollers to the thicknessing table to give better support for longer stock.

a09.jpg

a04.jpg

It can also take an optional slot morticing attachment (connected to the spindle at the front of the machine).

a03.jpg

Looking at reviews of the modern (red+grey) Holzmann machines, they seem to have taken a dive in quality; this is a very solid lump of cast iron and seems to be well built. It's also big, and heavy (around 350kg I believe).

The total table length is 154cm, and 38.5cm wide. The machine itself is just over 60cm wide. The rolling base I added is approx 100cm long by 75cm wide, and allows it to be moved fairly easily.

The cutter block has three 320mm knives, with the max thicknessing width being around 310mm, and 180mm max height.

a06.jpg

a07.jpg

a08.jpg

It's now running nice and smooth:

When I bought the machine I transported it in a rented van with a tail lift, but now I'd probably recommend using a professional mover (I've previously used Steve at Landylift; who was very good).

It owes me about £1200, but I'd be open to sensible offers.

Latest posts

Back