axminster router lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fantaglub

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just noticed this router lift from axminster
210081_l.jpg

I wonder if I can attach my router which is not well known (perles OF9e)
Anyone would have some details from under the grey (gray? ie not blue) plate?
thank you

What details do you want? It's quite new so perhaps none of our members have it yet?

Hi, i have this router lift in a box at the moment - waiting to finish table. The router is secured to universal circular mounting plate underneath the grey section. It looks as if most routers could be fitted.

Hope this helps, Simon

You should have no problem fitting the Perles router. T%his Swiss made router is a development of the older Elu routers. I have just noticed where you live, email Axminster for details. I have the Jessem lift, it is a great tool, it may be cheaper to have that shipped to you.

hello, well just waiting to make a shopping list at axminster and finally order it.
What kind of mitre-trak shall I get, any idea because the only one I find is mini-trak from kreg and I wonder if it is not too small..

Kreg do a dual track which looks good so you can use a mitre guage or t-track stuff like featherboards etc.

Has anyone tried the axminster lift, Ive emailed them for more details about the mounting plate but as yet not had a response.

Not used it but Colin Searle used it in a demo at the Kent bash. I was very impressed by the quality and ease of use.

One thing for anyone using one, Colin had his with the logo at the front which looked the "right" way round but then had to remove the fence to get the adjuster in! He suggested flipping it 90degrees if anyone bought one HTH

dadiy":ugdbemhp said:
Has anyone tried the axminster lift, Ive emailed them for more details about the mounting plate but as yet not had a response.

I've emailed Axminster several times (about this and other things) and I never get a response out of them. I telephoned their technical line though, and a very nice man answered all of my questions straight away without me being kept hanging around while he asked someone else.

I don't know what questions you might have, but I learnt that the bit opening is 92mm and the lift only comes with one plastic blank. However, it is possible to order more direct from the technical dept. which will take about six weeks. Also, they wont be back in stock until the 2 week of May.

HTH.

I emailed the terch department and managed to get a copy of the manual. They also said that the trend router plate compatibly list is the same for the axminster lift.

http://www.trend-uk.com/en/US/en/UK/tre ... patibility

Turns out that both my routers are un supported unless I drill the extra plate, and even then it "might" fowl the changes or be too heavy.

Thats an American site, it says $90 dollars. Not sure where people buy it from over here. An old thread on here said someone got it from DM Tools but I searched there and couldn't find it but they said it was around £70.

The plate for the lift is 6mm I think.

Back